• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cody The Hamster

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julie M

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
IMG_1630.JPG IMG_1650.JPG IMG_1541.JPG IMG_1550.JPG Cody is one lucky hamster. He is totally spoilt rotten. I feel so bad that my old hamsters I had previously were in tiny cages (what was "normal" at the time.) I'm so glad there are better cages available now. And the tiny wheels my hamsters had. :no: You live and learn.

Awwww such a cutie :). I love his cage! Just a suggestion - maybe give him deeper bedding (4-6 inches) as hamsters like to burrow. My own Winter White, Larry-Jasper, loves burrowing.

Alaska cage? I've got one for my hybrid dwarf (Snart) and the syrian (Bamm Bamm) has a bigger cage because he's a BIG boy lol.

Lovely set up. I have the alaska for one of my roborovski girls. Its such a nice cage with lovely big doors and a deep base. I can see why you chose it. Two of my syians have barney cages and the other one has the borneo from amazon de. Germany really do have some fab cages.

Your hamster is such a lovely ri h colour. Love the hammock. Arun has a few and has never chewed them thankfully!

Awwww he's so sweet, I've got 4 hamsters, but 2 of them are elderly. All of mine are in the savic hamster heaven cage. Online from pets at home, it's about £70, but worth it.

Thanks all. I adopted him from a friend of a friend who could no longer care for him. Yes @Kerrie74 it's the Alaska cage he is in and it's huge lol. About the same size as a cavy 80 cage. @Redribbon go for it. Lol. Hamsters are so cute. @Flutterby his hammocks and bunker are from "squeaky blinders hammocks " on Facebook she's great and really reasonable.

@Julie M Yeah same as my cage but only mine came damaged, got some money off it though and I managed to get a bigger cage for Bamm Bamm because he really is a big boy, that also came damaged so I ended up getting the for free, whoever designed it has thought about doors sizes and such either.

Was thinking about doing detolfs but I've seen mixed comments about them.

Last edited:
I think Detolfs are better suited to dwarf hamsters but a Syrian can live in one happily, as long as there is enough height for a proper wheel. I have seen some domed lids which looks quite cool. Otherwise, just make sure it has plenty of overhead ventilation.

I would love a Barney or Alaska for Larry-Jasper, but I don't currently have enough space.

I might get a detolf for Snart and just get a new cage for Bamm Bamm in that case, oooor just get a bigger cage for Snart and a new one for Bamm Bamm, decisions decision lol. my concern was with them climbing, I wouldn't know where to attach things to a detolf. Snart climbs everywhere, Bamm Bamm is more laid back and seems to just go in his hammock. Funny boys.

I might get a detolf for Snart and just get a new cage for Bamm Bamm in that case, oooor just get a bigger cage for Snart and a new one for Bamm Bamm, decisions decision lol. my concern was with them climbing, I wouldn't know where to attach things to a detolf. Snart climbs everywhere, Bamm Bamm is more laid back and seems to just go in his hammock. Funny boys.

It depend what size Bamm Bamm's current cage is. There are a few 100cm barred cages, most commonly being the Alexander and Barney from Zooplus. I believe there is a 120cm hamster cage floating about somewhere, but I'd have to check. DIY cages could work as well. Two or more Ikea Billy Extension Cages with domed lids would work for a Syrian, provided they were set up properly to prevent falls. I highly suggest joining the Hamster Central forum for more advice. It is an excellent, friendly forum who gives out great advice :).

@chesca_27 I'm a member of there already. He's fine in his current cage (it's a 100cm), I'm just not happy with it because it was damaged during transit, nothing major or that could harm Bamm Bamm, it's just a me thing lol. I would like to get Snart a bigger cage though.

Bamm Bamm's current cage is this one.

Kerbl Gabbia Small Animal Cage on Sale | Free UK Delivery

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back