• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cold hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wheeky

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
How do you deal with them?
I feel like I've tried everything. I'm sat here wearing a jacket, dressing gown and fleece draped over my shoulders, soaked my hands in warm water before putting gloves on, tucked them in my armpits, but they still feel like ice. It hurts so much, I swear my fingers are going to snap off. Worst of all I can't stroke my piggies, they run away when I touch them because my hands are so cold. :(

You can get hand warmers from camping shops, argos tesco etc. They have some kind of chemical in them and you set off a reaction by clicking a bit of metal inside them. They go from jelly to solid and get warm. You reset them by boiling them in water.

You could one quarter fill a pillow case with rice, tie up the end and pop it in the microwave for 2 mins.

Do you have a problem with your circulation? Exercising your hands might help. I would talk to your doctor if you think your circulation might be to blame. Do you sit still lots? Exercising yourself can keep you warm. A few stretches, running on the spot for a min or two, WII fit if you have it is good.

My cold hands and feet are do to my diabetes. I try to reminber to take herbs and stiff for poor circulation. And when i do they do work.

My cold hands and feet are do to my diabetes. I try to reminber to take herbs and stiff for poor circulation. And when i do they do work.

I too have pretty bad circulation in my hands, but especially my feet. Warm water or warming them on the radiator often works for me. But I have to put thick socks on straight away otherwise they go just as freezing straight away! Hope you get warm soon. Are you coming down with something to feel so chilly maybe?

Sending warming hugs x

My hands are always cold, even in summer sometimes. I say it's cos I'm 6' tall and my arms and legs are long so the blood has a long way to travel, but I think it's Raynaud's disease although I've never got it diagnosed.

I just have to wear gloves to prevent me getting 'corpse hands' as my family like to call it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back