College (TODAY!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
I start College tomorrow... I am looking forward to it but am a little nervous as I don't know anybody else doing the course. When I have been to college in the past I have known people in the same course as me so it hasn't been too bad.

The first two weeks are induction weeks then after those two weeks the lessons start.

Its quite nice hours with the Access Course because it is designed for mature students so they fit around school hours - Between 9:30 and 3 :) Will have a nice well-deserved lie in tomorrow... haven't had one of those in ages! :)

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Re: College Tomorrow!

Good luck - I'm sure the others will be really nice, i got on well with all the people on my access course :)

Those hours are nice too. I think it will be a great course - hard work but rewarding too :)

SweetEdge

Reaction score

good luck ;) but i'm sure you wont need it :)

T
x

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score

College was alright... a bit boring as it is only an induction week so have not started the classes yet. I am not in Wednesday so I can go and pick up my sister from Heathrow after she has been in America for 2 months. :)

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score

LOL.. alright!

not as daunting as you first thought then? :)

It'll get better in time

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score

Well we had to do silly exercises such as introducing ourselves to everyone and then interview somebody we had never met and ask them their name, age, an interesting fact, 3 likes, 3 dislikes, 3 hopes and dreams and which TV character we thought was like us the most. Once we had done that, we had to introduce the person we had interviewed to everyone. - How embarrassing! LOL... My TV character was Phoebe from Friends because I am blonde, crazy, and vegetarian :)

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score

LOL sounds daft but funny, also totally embarrassing! I remember doing something like that at school! 2funny

You start proper work tomorrow?

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score

No, not this week or next week! LOL

Here is my timetable for next two weeks...

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score

Lucinda said:
I hate those sort of things!
Well the only thing which went through my head before having to do this was "Ellie, you want to be a teacher so you need to get use to this type of things!" - Suppose its different through infront of loads of adults instead of kids!

Barmy4boars

Reaction score
Glad it wasnt as bad as you thought... I remember my first day at Uni, had to go along way on my own by train then walk in knowing nobody and stand around... try talking to people... scary! Sure you will make lots of new friends, wonder if any will be piggy people lol!

squeakypigs

Forum Founder
Reaction score
I have got a compulsory screening test at 1pm today where they test your English and Maths. I have done this screen a trillion billion times so hopefully I should do alright! LOL - Also I have an advantage because I did my maths GCSE again this year so I should do well on my maths :D

Status
Not open for further replies.