Comeback Kid

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sedna

Hi,
I just wanted to share this with all you... and will show you never to give up on your pig!

Just last week my pet Fuzzy, a 5 1/2 year old rex, found a pill on the floor and ate it! Such a large dose could hardly be good for such a small animal, and she started to get very ill. Soon she was barely breathing and I was very upset, in tears because I thought she was going to die. This was at about 5.30pm. I sat on the floor and held her when she appeard to be breathing her last. She stayed the same for hours and I didn't want to leave her alone so petted her all night. About 8.30pm, she started convulsing and having muscle spasms; it was hard for me to hold her on my lap because she was thrashing about in pain. As it was Sunday, the vets was closed but I phoned the Emrgency 24 hour vet, who told me that she was in her ''terminal stages''- he thought she waas about to die. He offered to make a home visit and put her to sleep, but my mum refused as it would cost £150!
Instead, I sat up and nursed her most of the night. Finally, at 3am she settled a bit, but she was limp and her eyes were glazed. By this stage I was both mentally and physically exhausted, so reluctantly put her in a hamster cage with a big handful of food, dried grass and salad. In the morning I ran in to check on her as soon as I woke up.
To my disbelief and joy I found my pig happily burbling and shuffling round the cage. All the food was gone. Delighted, I gave her the rest of the salad (which was my mum's lunch!) and let her run about on the floor (after very carefully checking for dropped tablets!).

I am soooo pleased to have my pet back... I feel that she has been given a new life. She is more affectionate and sprightly than ever, and more attached to me than ever! So enjoy your piggies while you can, and never lose hope of an amazing recovery!
 

kellyandpiggies

New Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
15,993
Reaction score
4
Points
0
It's amazing how strong pigs actually are! Really pleased that Fuzzy made a full recovery!

Do you know what he took?

xx Kelly xx
 
S

sedna

Yes it was a prescription tablet- a muscle relaxant! :o It had been dropped on the floor earlier and my mum couldn't find it- but the piggie did!
 

kellyandpiggies

New Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
15,993
Reaction score
4
Points
0
LOL oh dear! If you ever lose anything now ask Fuzzy to find it! ;D

xx Kelly xx
 

bevs

New Member
Joined
Jan 27, 2006
Messages
4,396
Reaction score
0
Points
0
Phew, what a relief for you, glad it turned out ok ;D
 
D

DebbieR

Wow what an amazing story. I'm so glad Fuzzy came back to you.
Welcome to the forum ;D
 

michellemuffin

New Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2006
Messages
4,721
Reaction score
0
Points
0
WOW amazing story, and such a brilliant happy ending the photo is so sweet, so very glad it all ended well , tell your mum to open her pills over the toilet next time then they will fall in it lol
welcome to you and fuzzy to the forum have you any other piggys?
 
S

sedna

Yes well I did have other piggies but unfortunately all are gone except Fuzz. Tiger Lily died years ago from diabetes and arthritis, Harry died from an infection, and Sukie had a lump in her tummy... not much luck as none lived longer than 2 years! Except fuzz...
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top