• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Completely Infested Snail Tank!

Cavy Kung-Fu

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm trying to create a bio active substrate that will deal with the fungus gnats and also the waste to keep the tank clean. I'm not sure what predator bug to use to kill off the fungus gnats that won't hurt the snails, any ideas?

I've been trying to get a hold of spring tails and/or pill bugs to deal with the snail waste as well. I have no idea how to get them as I can't see any way online?

Unfortunately the snail forum I joined isn't that active, so thought maybe I'd manage to get some help here on the off chance!

A friend of mine set up this company a couple of years ago and I used to get all my stuff off him. Also, if you have any questions drop him a line and he will help. The picture on the home page of the leopard gecko peeping out a tunnel, was one of mine :)

Bioactive Herps

That's fabulous, thanks! I thought I was never gunna find anything :))

Aw I love leopard geckos, I'm hoping to get a crestie one day though :drool:

This forum is amazing, it seems whatever the question someone has the answer or knows someone that will. :like:

Haha yea I thought it was worth a go! That's why I love this forum, anything is possible! ;)

I'm trying to create a bio active substrate that will deal with the fungus gnats and also the waste to keep the tank clean. I'm not sure what predator bug to use to kill off the fungus gnats that won't hurt the snails, any ideas?

I've been trying to get a hold of spring tails and/or pill bugs to deal with the snail waste as well. I have no idea how to get them as I can't see any way online?

Unfortunately the snail forum I joined isn't that active, so thought maybe I'd manage to get some help here on the off chance!

You can order spring tails and other bio-cleaners from ebay, including different types of woodlice. We have tropical woodlice with our snails and normal garden ones, they do help. I'm not keen on springtails to be honest, only cos they breed like rabbits!

You can order spring tails and other bio-cleaners from ebay, including different types of woodlice. We have tropical woodlice with our snails and normal garden ones, they do help. I'm not keen on springtails to be honest, only cos they breed like rabbits!

Thanks! I haven't bought any yet but I'll hopefully get to this week once paid!

Have you ever had problems with fungus gnats?

I don't really know how to get rid of them, I even changed substrate and cleaned it out etc but that hasn't worked :(

I have a terrarium sitting at my table and I've come across a snail problem as well... ugh. I made it myself using materials from this wonderful wonderful store with some of the most high quality things I've ever seen. This probably wasn't much of a help but I'm in the same shoes as you! Best wishes and good luck.

I have a terrarium sitting at my table and I've come across a snail problem as well... ugh. I made it myself using materials from this wonderful wonderful store with some of the most high quality things I've ever seen. This probably wasn't much of a help but I'm in the same shoes as you! Best wishes and good luck.

Did they work? I got some mites in the end but debated the spring tails. I think it's worked, fingers crossed!

Back