computer help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
something has gone wrong with the keyboard _ everything has gone back to front if you know what i mean _ caps lock is on for lower case letters and vice versa and if i go to type forward slash i get the question mark i cant get some of the letters and symbols to work as in its only typing the top symbol and cant get capitals cant work out what ive done its not swapped to usa on keyboard functions or anything still on uk and rebooted it sorry for long paragraph but cant type another way or use most punctuation _ can anyone advise what to try _ can get forum via my bookmarks or faves but if i click on shortcuts off my desktop it goes to a documents page might not be making sense as tired but it anyone knows what i need to do please let me know thanks

Glynis

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
well me being a dino wont be of much help at all sorry mallethead

maybe the num lock key ? that's the one thing i know i've bumped before and it cause me a real problem grrrrrrrrrrr :))

4piggiepigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
OH says sounds like a virus and to download anti malware bytes and c cleaner
and spy bots SND

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
yes, num lock or maybe it needs a clean? often when bits are it they go a bit mental, hope you get it sorted x

Reaction score
Keyboards are cheap to replace, couple of quid at the most.

In the meantime, pick it up, turn it over and hit it a few times on the back (not letting it touch the table), you will be truly amazed and/or disgusted by what falls out of it.

Oh, and stop eating over your keyboard :-P

alisont

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks - it seems to be behaving after a good whack:)) I don't eat by the keyboard well try not to! - use to but was horrified by the mess:x I've got some of that gunk gel in a tub for cleanig it so maybe I need to do that.

Will run malware bytes and a scan this weekend.

Thanks again - sorry I did not reply earlier but have been out all day.

Status
Not open for further replies.