• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Confused On What To Do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frost

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This is hard and i don't want to be judged but i'm considering rehoming my dog, he ends up locked up in his cage most of the day apart from toilet trips and feeding time etc and really feel he isn't getting the love he needs, we have 2 youngish children running around all the time. I love him to pieces but i really feel he could be better off in a new home. With someone who can really give him the attention he needs.
Thank you.

This must be heartbreaking for you . I admire you because you are thinking what is best for your dog. Do you have any good rescues near you?

Yes i have some good rescue places near me. So i would do what is best for him.

That sounds like a very good idea. Well done for putting your dogs needs first. Hopefully your local rescue can take him.

Thank you for not being nasty, he is the perfect dog but when we have the kids running around its just manic.

Thank you for not being nasty, he is the perfect dog but when we have the kids running around its just manic.

I think you'll feel better if you contact the rescues and talk about it a bit more with them. It's not going to easy for you as you love him so much .

OK so i sat my husband down last night and told him how i felt. He told me he will help out more with the dog and also told me i can let him sleep with us and has gone and got him his own bed for our bedroom. I feel a lot happier and he said he promises to help more with the dog as he loves him and doesn't want him to go. He is also going to get the kids involved playing toys, feeding etc as at the moment its all left to me and it all got on top of me.

OK so i sat my husband down last night and told him how i felt. He told me he will help out more with the dog and also told me i can let him sleep with us and has gone and got him his own bed for our bedroom. I feel a lot happier and he said he promises to help more with the dog as he loves him and doesn't want him to go. He is also going to get the kids involved playing toys, feeding etc as at the moment its all left to me and it all got on top of me.

That is great news. Must be a weight off your mind. You obviously love him so much which is why you were putting his needs before your own. Hopefully things will work out for you now. update us on how the changes go x

Why does he have to be locked in his cage all day? Could you combine dog walks with taking the kids to the park and the school run/preschool run? Thats what I do :D

It is wonderful you can keep your dog and that your husband can help. Does this mean you will no longer use the cage? Ideally he does not need to be caged. Having a dog bed it a lovely idea.

Is he caged because of concerns of his safety with the children? Dog crates are great for house training puppies but I dont know why an adult dog would be in one all day when people were at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back