• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Congratulations ELLIE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks everyone - I really enjoyed it. They are so lovely! lol

I'm handing in my notice at the chemist tomorrow - Yay!!

Because I have to work a weeks notice at the chemist (well, don't have to cos don't have contacts!) I will be doing these hours for next week

Monday - Nursery - 8 - 1 Chemist - 2 - 6
Tuesday - Nursery 8 - 6
Wednesday - Nursery - 8 - 12 - Maths 1 - 3.30
Thursday - Nursery - 8 - 6
Friday - Nursery - 8 - 6

The week after I will only be working 4 days a week 8 - 6 then have 3 days off (two weekend days and a day in week!)

awww, how great! congrats! babies are sooooo cute! hope all turns out well.

jo

Well done Ellie! Yay! It sounds great if there are training opportunities involved. I'm sure you'll be fine with the babies :) Let us know how it goes !

Alex x

Thanks - I really am looking forward to handing in my notice today. He shouldn't have treated me as badly as he has done.

Anyways... I am so annoyed. I told you all that while I was on 8 hours a week I found out I could have jobseekers allowance too (which was only about £10 a week because they take into account your earnings!). I just checked my bank account and AGAIN they still have not paid me. They haven't even paid me once yet. I signed on properly 2 weeks a go and the lady said it would be in my bank account by the end of the week. It wasn't in my account so I rang up benefit enquiries and told them I had not been paid and was told to call if I had not receieved it and they said the JobCentre in Rugby had not sent my details through. I went to the JobCentre in Rugby that day and asked what they are playing at and they said their system had been down and that I would receieve it by the middle of this week or at the end of this week (today!). They def owe me money from 3rd Feb (when I rang up to make a claim) and I asked for it to be back dated from the last day I left college (10th Jan) as I did not know I could claim jobseekers. When I went to the job centre last week asking where the money was I got a call on my mobile after I left there from a lady who was so rude to me and talking to me like a down and out. She said "You did not bring any pay slips in like I asked you to" and I said to her "I hardly ever see my pay slips so my employer wrote a letter with the number of hours I have done each week because I was told to do that if I could not get payslips." and she said "No Eleanor I told you for him to put you wage on aswell so we can see how much you earn an hour each week" and I said to her "Well sorry I wasn't told that and that I had taken in 2 past payslips which showed my wage on" and she said "Look Eleanor I was the one who told you to do all this when you came in for your interview so do not say I did not tell you to!" That day she rang up my boss to ask my wage and he confirmed it. I can't see any reason why I won't have been paid! I really want to make a complaint about that woman and the whole jobcentre here!

Oh! do it make a complaint they could of handled that better my college pay me EMA and they always belive me if i say i haven't had any they should have given you the benifit of the doubt and not treated you like that!

OOOh thats a tricky one love, you could make a complaint but it's her word against yours.. Frankly, they would believe her over you cos it's her job in the first place! Not saying that you're wrong cos I've had my fair share of trouble with the benefits people too!

Just keep calling til you get your money and maybe ask to see/ talk to a different advisor..

xx

I would complain to the jobcentre. But they dont care. I remember about 14 years ago I went on the dole for just a month and it took them 6 weeks to get me any money. I had nothing. Luckily I was able to get a job about 2 weeks after signing on so was pleased. But they dont care at all.

Did oyu hand your notice in today? How did it go?

Piggiewiggy said:
I would complain to the jobcentre. But they dont care. I remember about 14 years ago I went on the dole for just a month and it took them 6 weeks to get me any money. I had nothing. Luckily I was able to get a job about 2 weeks after signing on so was pleased. But they dont care at all.

Did oyu hand your notice in today? How did it go?

so 14 yrs ago you would've been about 19? hmmmm.. so you're about 33 eh Mrs Mod! lol ;)

Mrs Player xx

Sorry I didn't reply yday.

I went to JobCentre with my mum. She was going to go balistic at them lol. When I got down there they were all being so nice so was hard to be angry at them. The lady sorted out the pay and put some in my account. I asked if it was going to be back dated from when I left college and they denied it - she said it did not state a reason why. My mum and I are appealing against it though because thats not fair. How was I meant to know I could claim jobseekers if I only worked 8 hours a week. I thought with it being called JobSeekers it was for people who didn't have jobs! My mum was really annoyed about that cos all they are really giving me a week is £10 which is not a lot and also I have found a full-time job now so its now I don't need to claim anymore. Most people stay on jobseekers for ages and don't have a job so claim the whole thing.

I also handed in my notice yday. My boss was alright and said he wished me well in my next job. I felt bad but why should I? - I haven't been treated that great there. I don't deserve it! My last day of work is on Monday.

Pleased in a way that they put money in your account and were actually quite nice this time.. I don't understand why they wont back pay you? As long as you have proof from when you started at the chemist there should be no problem!

Benfits people aint the best I cant tell you!

Your last day Monday - yoohoo, bet you can't wait..! awww those babies....

I had a letter from the college saying I finished fulltime college on 10th Jan and my boss also wrote down all the hours I worked between when I left college till now and it has been 8/12hours a week - not 16 - I said to them that the reason I did not claim from when I left college is because I did not know I could claim. They said its not a good enough reason to ask for it to be back-dated - We are going to appeal - they wrote a letter saying I got £11.50 a week! Thats all I was offered! - I know its not a lot but thats not the point!

that was a valid reason! You didn't know plain and simple.. that should be enough to get it all back-dated. I mean, you have evidence so it's not like you're claiming something you're not owed.. Pursue it by all means! Am right behind you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back