• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Connie is on antibiotics :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Claire W

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Following on from my other thread http://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=26930 I took them to the vets this evening with urine samples. It turns out that Connie has blood in her urine :( She's had a steroid injection which she didn't like and is on a course of antibiotics for a week. Her appetite is normal and her tummy isn't swollen. The vet thinks it's a urine infection which I really hope it is as lots of other illnesses are running though my mind :( Can she still eat lots of veggies or are there some things I should take out of her diet? I need to take a urine sample back next week x
Thanks xx

aww,get well soon connie your boyfriend, sonny, sends get well kisses xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm sorry to hear about Connie, but very glad shes getting the treatment that she needs. I really hope she starts to pick up soon Claire x>>

I have just checked on them and Connie rumbled at me. I think that she's mad with me as she wasn't happy about having her injection :( I've never heard her wheek so loud. She has to have the antibiotics orally which she's also not happy with. I have shut them up for the night now and Eliza is looking after her xx

George sulked with me for the full 5 days of his antibiotics, but he soon felt better and got over it. She'll soon be on the up Claire, and you are only making her better, I'm sure she understands reallyrolleyes;) x

aw i am sorry t ohear Connie isnt well.

I'm sure the antibiotics will do the trick and she'll be back to herself soon!

She'll be a bit grumpy with you, its like after you bath them, they get all sulky!

She'll love you for it in the end though! xx

I'm sorry she has been diagnosed with a UTI. You asked about foods - don't give too many calcium rich foods. Carrots, kale, parsley and spinach all contain high levels of calcium and I've found can irritate the bladder. I have a pig who had a succession of UTIs with bloody urine and high calcium foods always aggravated it.

I'm sorry she has been diagnosed with a UTI. You asked about foods - don't give too many calcium rich foods. Carrots, kale, parsley and spinach all contain high levels of calcium and I've found can irritate the bladder. I have a pig who had a succession of UTIs with bloody urine and high calcium foods always aggravated it.

I've been feeding them lettuce, white cabbage and stir fry whilst Connie has had this problem. Is this ok? x

Be careful with the lettuce - too much can cause upset tummy. Not sure about the stir fry :)

I'm stressing out again now because this is Connie's 4th day on the antibiotics and she is still having bloody wee's :( Is it a case that the infection hasn't cleared up yet or could it be something more serious? Apart from the wee's, her condition hasn't changed and she is still herself x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back