cooked veg?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
can they eat cooked veg? I wondered whether Dr would like some cooked carrot because it's soft and I could mash it into his recovery food.

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thanks. Do you think it might help Dr? Are there any veggies they can't have cooked?

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
they can have all the ones they usually eat but dont add any salt like when boiling veg for us lot.. Think it will help him as you can add quite a variety of veg into it, like a thick soup

starshine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A lot of the vits will come out when the veggies are cooked.

You can add baby food to the syringe feed mix instead of some of the water. Guinness is on long term top up feeds as he has cancer and he particualrly likes apple and grape of vegetable medley organic baby food (the first stage ones) in his mix!

C

ccc

Vegetables lose nutritional value when cooked, so if you are going to cook it then only do it very lightly. Cooked veggies should not replace raw veg entirely though.

Do blenders not mash solid foods down into a puree? You could maybe blend some of his favourite raw veggies together into a puree, dilute slightly with water and syringe it to him.

G

gothchick1515

I gave zub some cooked veg left over in the pan at crimbo but he wasnt really interested he ate a little x

Status
Not open for further replies.