• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Corner house

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Right, I am planning on buying a new corner house for my piggies.

I quite fancy this one:

35957_1.jpg

It has the right dimensions I think and it is natural wood so it looks nice and they can chew on it as long as they like.

Now, there is a review on the page saying:

Looked great but it was too small for my guinea pig too fit into.

Now, I am not sure if she just ordered the wrong size? They have it in three different sizes, hamster, guinea and rabbit.
Could you have a look at it (dimensions are 32 x 21.5 x 13 cm for the guinea pig one) and tell me what you think?
I have fairly big piggies and dont want to do the same mistake...

I could just go for the rabbit one to be on the safe side, I suppose, but I think its a bit big for my cage setup.. might fit in, but Id rather go for the guinea pig one...

what are your opinions on this?

I would buy the rabbit one because when I have seen things in shops for piggies I think Misty would get stuck in that. If you can go for the rabbit one.

I got a similar one for my skinnies but they were for degus, its plain wood and they love it

I've been looking at exactly the same thing and debating which to get, great minds hey :D

lolseh said:
I would buy the rabbit one because when I have seen things in shops for piggies I think Misty would get stuck in that. If you can go for the rabbit one.

Agree here, the guinea pig sized wooden homes are only really big enough for young guineas and babies to play in. they are nice though and the guineas enjoy nibbling them :)

Barbara

rip_ernie said:
that type of house tends to collapse easily, just saying.....

do mean they can push them over easily? because I just cant see them "collapsing" as such, I mean if they are made out of nice tough wood...

I would expect things like that from plastic houses, you know how plastic steps sometimes start cracking in the middle where you put pressure on...? I could imagine a plastic piggy house at some point giving way in the middle. but wooden ones..?

more information please! :)

my wooden one fell to pieces but it wasn't a corner one, it was just made out of that type of wood.

I ordered a corner house for Fudge from zooplus, unfortunately they don't have the same one anymore but they have this one which is similar:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/accessories/cabins/36373

Mine measures 27 x 27 and 14 high and is spacious for one piggy and he loves sitting on top of it.

If it's for more than one pig I'd go for the larger one.

kayjay said:
I ordered a corner house for Fudge from zooplus, unfortunately they don't have the same one anymore but they have this one which is similar:

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/accessories/cabins/36373

Mine measures 27 x 27 and 14 high and is spacious for one piggy and he loves sitting on top of it.

If it's for more than one pig I'd go for the larger one.

That looks sweet and it's nice to find another online pet store that I haven't browsed (and bought) in :)

Barbara

Wow that looks gr8 is that on a german site ,would love to get one of those :) ?

That looks really good, let us know how they like it!

Thanks for that
Been looking for ways to build height into my existing cage :)

How is it?,wondering whether to get that one or another from Zooplus.

hasnt arrived yet! hrm... thats three days now. If its not there by tomorrow, Ill email them.

But I have good experience with their german site, so fingers crossed, Ill get a parcel tomorrow! *sits and waits*

WHOA ITS HUGE! :o

I'm going to take some pics now!

EDIT:

front.jpg

together it is the height of just over one Argos-Grid, which is why I added some more in that corner, dont want any piggies falling of our jumping out ;)

It comes delivered in two pices, the small house and the bottom house.
The bottom one has pieces of wood stuck to it so you can slot the small house in it, so nothing is wobbly and can fall off.

top.jpg

Thats how it looks from the inside:

inside.jpg

However, the girls are still scared and dont know what to think of that monstrum, so they are hiding in the drainpipes ::)

overview.jpg

Ill try and take some pics when they venture out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back