• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Correx questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello

I know there is a section on suppliers but I have a few questions to ask about correx :))

Does the thickness of it make a huge difference? I have read that people have been doubling up the 2mm, does that need to be done if grids are being used as flooring on upper levels?

How do you join two sheets? I am planning on a three level cage with:

4 x 4 on the bottom
3 x4 on the middle
2x4 on the top

I have looked at giant sheets but they are prohibitively expensive so I think I will have to stick one together but how do I do that? Packing tape?

I got the 4mm clear Correx and the stability is alot better. I did use the 2mm before and I found Wilma had issues with the top floor and wouldn't walk, either it was because the correx was to limp or because the cage wasn't stable enough. I have since bought 4mm Correx and added wooden support Beams. Wilma no longer has issues.

Did you get it from B&Q? was it the clear stuff? It had a special name didn't it, not correx? What size were the sheets?

Not that I am curious lol!

Oh goodness now you are asking, Let me look.

Corotherm (Polycarbonate Glazing Sheet). 1220 mm by 1220 mm (4mm twinwall). I do believe you can get different sizes.

Code: 76881

i have 7mm and 3mm and defo find 7mm better than the thinner stuff, luckly hubby gets mine from his work so it doesnt cost me anythingrolleyes i use duck tape for fastening it together ie fixing x

Polysheet, £7.98 for 1200mm x 6/700mm £11.98 for 1200mm x1200mm
it is rigid but i didnt like the look of it after a while so i got yellow from here

http://www.theonestopplasticsshop.co.uk/polypropylene-correx-c-68_696.html

they do colour's and it's cheap they do bigger sheets than advertised but you will have to phone them i think they do 2400mmx2400mm it's 4mm but don't seem as rigid as b and q but is still perfect for the job

This si totally hurting my head now! I just don't know what to do!

It is like doing advanced maths converting things between inches and cm and then trying to make correx decisions, I wish I had just bought lots of cages lol! Some one needs to do all the decision making for me!

I have at the moment a2x4 2x4 2x4 2x2 stacked 4 storey c and c cage (with doorsfor cleaning) and i change it all the time it is the best cage ever might be confusing now but it is worth it in the end!

I wouldnt do 4x4 with 3x4 on top as you wont be able to clean or get piggies out easy i would do 4x4 with 2x4 and maybe a 2x2 on that you would need 46 grids and couldnt use connectors they are not very secure for multilevel cable ties are much better i love making cages. remember when you cut correx to turn it over after then fold the sides up i did it wrong first time

I wanted it that size to accomodate the numbe of piggies I have, as there are 10 going in it.

Ive got 18 in my cgae but it is temporary i usually have 2x4 2x4 2x2 stacked for 5 but that is more than enough room, a 4x4 with 2x4 and 2x2 would be plenty big enough and open so youd be able to get to them easy

FILE0190.jpg

I was a bit worried that it would be too small for 10, it is difficult to tell when you don't have it right in front of you!

If you did a 2 Storey 4 x 4 with a 2x2 hayloft that would be ideal for 10. Also I would recommend doors and some support beams, but literally just push them though the square I can show you what I mean, but you would need doors on the bottom floor which would slide the Correx out easily for you.

I had factored in support beams but I am not sure about the 2 storey 4x4 , I wanted a more open play area for them at the bottom, so I could see them (ok maybe a bit selfish)

I had factored in support beams but I am not sure about the 2 storey 4x4 , I wanted a more open play area for them at the bottom, so I could see them (ok maybe a bit selfish)

You could make the top Shelf 4x4 more exciting perhaps they may stay to play on that floor!

:)):)):))

I will play about with the cubes when they get here to see what I prefer. Now back to the correx question, I still don't know where to get it from! I think something thicker than 2mm would be best as I don't want to have to replace this lot in a hurry.

I have used 2mm and 4mm, the 2nd is most certainly better. IT works for me, but that said someone else may try it and hate it! rolleyes

I have a few ladies with ample bottoms and I have visions of the 2mm sinking!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back