• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

cosy accessories?

Status
Not open for further replies.

barnyard

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
hi have now made (well husband!) our first C&C cage and hoping to collect our first piggies at the weekend :)) have fleece floor and vet bed under their new house we made from correx, ordered washable incontinence sheets for underneath, have made hay box again from correx! and now I'm trying to decide what cosy items i need.

I was thinking a large cosy sack that both could hide in if they want to be together but also a regular size sack if they want to be seperate. I then thought about a cosy cup/chair thing.

Do I need anything else, will they be warm enough (they will be indoors over winter) should I invest in heat pad for animals? or do people put in spare fleeces for them to suggle in, dont want them to sufacate? guidence appreciate :)

That all sounds lovely. I like to include wooden cabins so they can hide in and also to gnaw on. They will not suffocate if you were to put in extra fleeces do no need to worry about that.

I find my boys find triangle coseys the best... untill i went into a charity shop, and bought a baby sleep thingy. (like a sleeping bag for babies, accept it has like vest shoulder straps at the top. I have turned that its a rectangular padded house thing, i will take pigtures tomorrow, They LOVE this, it is held up using the poppers onto the C&C sides. They both fit in this, its nice and padded for warmth. They also have another triangle cosey and a shaded hidey area if they wish to be alone. :)

Here is a picture of the new house i was refering too.
IMAG_0097.jpg

And it was made from one of these (not this exact one, mine was a charity shop purchase) http://www.peacocks.co.uk/product/index.jsp?productId=5144201&prodFindSrc=paramNav

thats really clever (I'm not that practical) but think I have old baby sleeping bag, might see what I can muster up! have you left the zip on ? thanx

I find my boys find triangle coseys the best... untill i went into a charity shop, and bought a baby sleep thingy. (like a sleeping bag for babies, accept it has like vest shoulder straps at the top. I have turned that its a rectangular padded house thing, i will take pigtures tomorrow, They LOVE this, it is held up using the poppers onto the C&C sides. They both fit in this, its nice and padded for warmth. They also have another triangle cosey and a shaded hidey area if they wish to be alone. :)

wow i have loads of these what a good idea going to get sewing now.

That is a very good idea - slightly disturbing picture tho - have the piggies eaten the baby? Perhaps that is just my funny brain:)

My boy pigs really love their snuggle sacs from Cosy Cavies - can sleep in them but I find best for carrying them in between run and cage or for cuddles with family.
There are lots of clever forum people who make fleece bed type things as well eg Audioheart with her new website thimbellina.com

I cut the zip off, because my boys have decided (only lately) that they like to chew things.

Basically, i unzipped it, cut off the zip, then cut it so the back and the front of the sleep suit were two seperate pieces. The front bit had the two popper bits at the top cut off, (so on the link i sent, if you just cut off the stripey bit at the top so your left with just the cream) The cream bit, makes the top the front and the back of the house, just folded round (with the two door wholes cut out.) I sew up round the outside of the holes, Then the back piece also has the top poppers cut off. Then the bottom is cut out of this piece, (I just measured so i cut a piece a third the size of the front cream bit) One the 4 sides were sewn together, it looked like a tube. Then i cut the remaining bit of the back into pieces the size of the two ends, and stiched them up.

I know thats a pants explanation, if anyone wants some more detailed picture instructions PM me and I'm happy to give them out.

OO, i forgot to add, due to the material being not fleece, i have now added a small piece of fleece with towel sewn on the underneath *this is simply the side of the base of the house* My boys have NEVER peed in any cosey ive made them before... typical huh! hehe.

I have a wee shop, which is currently closed for one month but will be back up and running on the 1st of November.

:)

I always find cuddle rolls are always a favourite, they can either run through them and play with them or cuddle up inside them! Plonks are also a favourite with my boys (as they don't quite get cuddle cups!)

If you fancy a browse.....:))

www.thimbellina.com

:))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back