• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Couch To 5k

Status
Not open for further replies.

katanamoon

Photo Competition Winner
Reaction score
Does anyone else follow the NHS Couch to 5K podcasts? I started week 3 today and was dreading it, as I found last week quite hard going (although I did have the added bonus of a sore throat and cough), but I would almost go so far as to say I nearly enjoyed today's run! I WILL get fit! *determined face*

No I haven't. But I hope your throat gets better soon!
I've also got a sore throat and cold. x

Thank you :) Throat was much better on Saturday (just as well really, otherwise I would have had to keep my gob shut at the Birmingham meet to avoid ridicule of squeaky/walrus voice!). I hope you feel better soon - there's a lot of it going around x

Good luck on this! It's something I would love to have a go at doing one day if my health improves :)

I have an app but not the Podcast, will have a look though. It is my mission to learn to run this year, though the flu has put it on the back burner for now. I went to the gym today for my Biomechanics session on my back and had 5 minutes to kill so went on the Pinnacle trainer (similar to cross trainer) and because I am still fighting it just 5 minutes wiped me out and I nearly fell off backwards. Maybe in a few weeks I can try running again. Good luck with your training.

I fancy doing this but around roller derby and swimming I just haven't been bothered to actually don my trainers yet. Good luck x

I hate knowing that I have to go out on a run day but as soon as I leave the house it's like, right, I have a mission!

Started Week 4 this morning, have gone from two lots of 90 sec run, 90 sec walk, 3 min run, 3 min walk to two lots of 3 min run, 90 sec walk, 5 min run, 2.5 min run. Nearly blimmin' killed me but I did it! Even though, as my mum has now pointed out 4 times, I am "carrying some extra weight" (fatty) :)

I want to start this again once I am back on my feet, I tried it last year but got knocked back with the aenemia problems etc.
@Bekki I didnt know you were a roller derby girl, I love to watch that, we have a team at the Uni where I work, I woudl love to join but think I am too old at 37 and that the scary girls would kill me! Do you have a cool Roller Derby name?

Aww thank you, that's very kind! :) I don't feel brilliant after this morning's run, I feel like a big sack of poo :))

I want to start this again once I am back on my feet, I tried it last year but got knocked back with the aenemia problems etc.
@Bekki I didnt know you were a roller derby girl, I love to watch that, we have a team at the Uni where I work, I woudl love to join but think I am too old at 37 and that the scary girls would kill me! Do you have a cool Roller Derby name?
The oldest league player is 67 in the UK so by that logic you're nowhere near too old! I'm one of the youngest at 23. I have a number ,13, but no name yet as we aren't allowed to pick our names until we pass our level 4 skating exam and can then play for the league sadly I'm not near that yet but I have my eye on "Beks Appeal" :) go give it a try even if just the tryouts it's great fun :D

well done! I cant wait to be well and able to exercise again. Its only been a couple of weeks and my tummy and legs are going all wobbly from the bed rest LOL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back