• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Cough-like noise...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
My abyssian X makes a small choking like noise during the day. He does it after he's eaten and he does it when he hasnt eaten. He does it all day..Sometimes I mistake it for a sneeze. It's hard to explain what it sounds like to be honest...should I be worried about him?

Reaction score
My piggie Sam does this all the time especially if he has eaten to fast I don't think it is anything to worry about if he is his usual self x

doglovinpiggylover

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
does it sound a bit like a cough? and does it happen like every few hours or so, or is it all the time?

All the pigs i have had have done it periodically x

sandra turpin

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm wondering if that's what Snowball does. He's my aby cross. To me it sounds like a click click click. I wondered what it was when I heard it. I've only heard it 2 or 3 times. I was kind of worried.

Veganlove

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
A couple of my girls often make a noise that's hard to describe ~ i can only say that it's like a cross between a hiccup, a cough and a sneeze all rolled into one! they seem otherwise healthy so i'm not too concerned.
I must remember to ask my vet about it next time i go!

Status
Not open for further replies.