• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cough

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beautifulmess

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Has anyone on here developed or ever had a cough that was unproductive (coughed and nothing happened, no clearance) or made them throw up with violent coughing?

I've had a cough for over one month, been on one anti biotic course finished yesterday and 1 inhaler, felt it improving and today feels as if it's going back to the same state as I threw up a while ago from coughing :(

Saturday coming back from Manchester my cough was so bad I violently threw up for around 10 minutes in the car :(( everytime I cough my throat feels as if it won't open properly either.

The doctor thinks my lungs and airways are reacting to something but I don't see how this can be true when both my boyfriend and my boyfriends dad had it and my mom got it after seeing me? All three are now fine, my mom had no medicine, my boyfriend had one course of anti biotics, his dad, 2 courses, 1 inhaler and 1 steriod dosage.

:(( Is tomorrow to early to go back to the doctors (I felt it improving a bit when on anti biotics) I finished mine yesterday.

xx

I had a cough like that when I gave up smoking (about 30 years ago!) Three courses of AB's over 4 months, dreadful. I had another dreadful cough about 20 years ago, with two courses of AB's. None of the medicines, either prescribed or OTC helped. The cough did seem worse with changes of temperature, even if I moved from room to room. I had to sleep sat up. The only thing that has ever help soothed it was Lemon and Honey Lockets. It doesn't sound much, and they are vile, because I hate honey, but they are good at soothing. Worth checking with doc about reactions though. xx

Hiya,
My husband and I both have this I haven't been throwing up with it but he has just due to coughing no temprature or anything. I've had it since August. Not really coughing much but it's definately there. Both of us have now developed runny noses too. Best thing I have found for it is Beechams hot berry fruits flu stuff and at night benylin chesty cough syrup. this seems to be losening it up and making the cough productive which is better. i was on antibiotics but if the little bit of muck that is coming up is green/light coloured then there is no infection so antib's are going to do nothing. It is unfortunately a virus we think. Hubby has got a bit better in the last day or so after a week and a half of the cough/puke thing. Hope you feel better soon it is really tedious isn't it! :(

yes, I've had that, and been sick with the coughing and I really hate it, it makes me feel paniciky when it happens :( It tends to happen in the mornings only when I've had it :( xx

OH and I both have it, I think it's doing the rounds. Have not thrown up though but nearly have a few times, OH has coughed up blood. I had a pnaic attack in Currys the other day as I coughed so much I could not get my breath. Was horrible. Does sound like you need more antibiotics.

I'm now on a stronger antibiotic, you have 8, take 2 on the first day and 1 every day after that. So far I think my cough feels better already, I just don't see how it's a reaction (like the doctors thinks) when my boyfriend dad, boyfriend and mom had it (mom catching it off me). I do have dodgy lungs due to a bad hayfever season in 2004 where I had a cough the whole summer that made me actually throw up (stomach contents)... was terrible, had in halers and everything.

I'm glad that I'm not the only one having a bad time with a cough though because otherwise I'll be freaked!

I'm on benelyn all in one (works) makes me wanna heave though, and those who need a cough medicine to stop them from coughing so they can sleep, nightnurse helps usually :) keep awake from dairy and chocolate! :P

Deffo doing the rounds.. Me n hub are on A/B ive had a nasty cough too, sometimes productive most of the time not{:|

Everyone I know seems to have this cough at the moment and it sticks around for ages.I am hoping it keeps clear of me.
Hope you soon feel better.

It happens to me quite a lot especially with temperature change but that's to do with my asthma.
It makes me feel as though something is stuck and needs to come up (yuk) but nothings there, then I get like hot & colds in my chest and throat and I cough and cough until I feel faint.
Hope your're feeling better soon xx

I took my first dosage of the second 'strong' chest antibiotics yesterday and oh my, my stomach was crazy, I took it just like they said as well, after food, with a pint of water/juice. I don't think my tummy is any better from it today just not as painful :(

I had a cough like this that lasted 2 years, terrible thing.
They ended up diagnosing me with whooping cough but even then I don't think they truly knew what it was.

Not something I'd wish on anyone. It's absolutely exhausting.

I've actually looked at whooping cough, my cough is unproductive and sometimes it makes me cough so hard I throw up (but not from stomach) god knows what it actually is, isn't from the lungs either lol. Ermm it goes from chest to dry throat and is worse in cold weather but I can control it more outside then when I'm at home.

On top of it all, I got a headcold on my birthday and my boyfriend has some exhausting virus now that I'm bound to catch :(

Eugh, thought I was getting somewhere... have barely coughed all day, and when I did it was productive and then I get this itch in my throat around 5 minutes ago, and boom threw up again, this time properly :(((( Why are doctors so useless?

Eugh, thought I was getting somewhere... have barely coughed all day, and when I did it was productive and then I get this itch in my throat around 5 minutes ago, and boom threw up again, this time properly :(((( Why are doctors so useless?

I hope you feel better soon hunxx

I took my first dosage of the second 'strong' chest antibiotics yesterday and oh my, my stomach was crazy, I took it just like they said as well, after food, with a pint of water/juice. I don't think my tummy is any better from it today just not as painful :(

Take a pro-biotic daily while your on anti-b's

They are like actimel aren't they? They are probiotic. Antiboitics kill all the bacteria in your body resulting in tummy upsets whilst proboitics help the good bacteria xx type of thing.

Or something like that, I remember this from my furries xx

Update, finished my second dose of STRONg antibiotics. Coughing less then I fell asleep on the sofa last night and woke up not being able to breath and coughing violently, threw up my stomach and still coudlnt' breath, inhaler made it worse, water helped me calm down so I could breath but only shallow. My breathing has just returned back to normal (sorta) but I feel really sick and am being taken to GP's out of hours service at 9:30am. I can't get in contact with my boyfriend because he has his phone on silent (no vibration) all the time... his parents aren't answering either and I don't want to keep ringing and bothering people. I'm so scared, I was violently shaking, but I've wrapped up and calmed down.

:'(

have they taken a sample of rubbish to be tested in the lab?

as the antibiotics your on may not be the right ones for the type of infection you have!

which antibiotics have you had?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back