• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

COVID-19 Could do with some advice

Lorcan

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
So I'm self isolating again. I have a viral infection that doesn't want to quit, pretty sure it's in my ears/throat. My balance is still shot and has been for a couple of weeks now. Whatever it was, was screwing with my taste and I was advised to get a test just to be sure. Even though the chances of it being Covid are slim, no harm in double checking right?

Well, the test wasn't in my hands in time because for some reason the staff left it sitting in their office for 24 hours. I spoke to my surgery who said that since it had been 48 hours by the time I got it, realistically it was too late. I'm not gonna argue with them, I believe they know what they're on about. HOWEVER. I have parcels turning up today, from Royal Mail. We don't have our own letterboxes, so all post usually goes into the office and they dole it out to the residents, but there's no staff on today (or tomorrow, but there's no post tomorrow anyway). They won't come into the building at all and I'll be lucky if they even try to buzz me because 95% of the time they don't. Now if they take the parcels and leave me a "tried to deliver" note that's fine, but what they're more likely to do is leave the parcel in our foyer and do no more. That would mean I'd have to go downstairs to pick it up.

Would it be wrong of me to do so? I can't guarantee not bumping into a neighbour but if that happens I can do my utmost to keep my distance, and I don't have to touch anything on the way up or down. I just can't risk leaving a parcel unattended - if I'd known nobody was gonna be in today I'd've left ordering it til Monday, but hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Maybe just wear a mask on the way to collect parcel,and sanitise your hand prior to collecting and after collecting.you can only minimise the risk.I'm sorry you are having a difficult time.

yeah that's what I ended up doing. It's nobody's fault really, we should have a better system than we do - but we don't, and that's that for this weekend at least, lol. Tomorrow is when my snacks turn up and I at least know Amazon don't mind coming up the stairs to my door :))

Back