Couldn't believe the Price or the Cheek

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Popped into a local pet store yesterday as we had run out of an item and went to see if they had it save the customer waiting till we get our new delivery.

I was looking for a snugglesafe and had called beforehand to make sure they had them save me a wasted journey etc and was told "Yes we have them". Great, so off I toddle 20 minute car journey etc etc. Get there and wait for this bit - you might need to sit down................... £29!! yes £29 for one snugglesafe (just the pink bit) and if I wanted a cover to go over it it was another £10. The owner then said to me "Unfortunately we only have this one left" and she reached inside a dirty rabbit cage on the floor with a gorgeous bunny inside and proudly held it up for me!!

Cant imagine why she took offence to what I said to her about hoping for a new one, unpooped and peed on, in a cover, in the bag they come in. :roll:

Needless to say I didn't buy it :lol:

Romily

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
:)):))

What planet do some people live on!

Deb H

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
wow that is expensive
glad my babies are indoors now, I can just buy them more beds, snuggles etc.... I wonder how many I could get for £29 :{

Reaction score
She wanted 29.99 for a used item... Thats disgusting:o

I know, I am very rarely speechless but this was appalling. I was also shocked that she obviously hadn't spared a thought for the risk of any infection in trying to sell on a used item literally lifted out of the animals cage.:o

Status
Not open for further replies.