• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Courage was brave up to the end

Pumpkin&Courage

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I had to make the difficult decision to put my baby Courage to sleep today after he could no longer pass urine.
Following bladder surgery last month, he perked back up but today went downhill very quickly.
I’m so devastated, I did what I could for him but in the end it wasn’t enough.
I feel so guilty, he had such a lovely nature and I let him down.
I feel like there will always be a Courage shaped hole in my heart.
A3E0B185-F03E-4E23-9B28-E473B1AD3834.jpeg4FC0E98A-09E1-4C5E-8191-377646FD8EC9.jpeg4418A80D-C5FB-40A4-BE51-5BBBA8D8EEDA.jpegE6023650-BE35-4E9D-9E7A-6EDD36B90DD5.jpeg

I’m so sorry for your loss, you’ve had to make the hardest decision. Big hugs.

I’m so sorry for your loss, have a nice sleep Courage Xx

I had to make the difficult decision to put my baby Courage to sleep today after he could no longer pass urine.
Following bladder surgery last month, he perked back up but today went downhill very quickly.
I’m so devastated, I did what I could for him but in the end it wasn’t enough.
I feel so guilty, he had such a lovely nature and I let him down.
I feel like there will always be a Courage shaped hole in my heart.
View attachment 122310View attachment 122311View attachment 122312View attachment 122313

HUGS
I am ever so sorry. You did your very best for Courage and tried to give him a chance.
From my husband's experience in the wake of an operation I know just how agonising it is to not being able to pass urine; you have done exactly the right thing and spared Courage some truly horrible pain!

Please be aware that strong feelings of guilt are very normal after pts/euthanasia. They are a normal part of the onset of the grieving process, but usually stronger after failed treatment and having to put a beloved one to sleep. The resulting self-examination is part of this.

As loving owners, we always can only try our best and do what is necessary. The outcome is out of our hands; we are not God.

You may find these guide here helpful until your mind and heart come back together again eventually:
Human Bereavement: Grieving, Coping and Support Links for Guinea Pig Owners and Their Children
Looking After a Bereaved Guinea Pig

I'm so sorry you lost Courage to the Bridge. He looks gorgeous and I am glad you were able to post a tribute to him here. It sounds like you hoped he would make it through with the improvement following the operation. It's really tough that sometimes the end comes unexpectedly and rapidly and just when you think maybe it will be OK. He seems to have lived up to his name - and you made the most courageous decision to show him the final kindness when it was called for. I hope you are able to find compassion for you amongst all the shock and grief and the hurt and the tears. 🌺

May you rest in peace little Courage 🌈

I’m so sorry for your loss, sending hugs, what a gorgeous piggie x
Sleep tight Courage x

So sorry for the loss of your lovely piggy.
RIP little one.

Do not ever feel like you let him down..you did your best for him but sometimes it is not enough...what will be will be..stay strong and please don't blame yourself.
Sending hugs🤗🤗🤗🤗💖

So sorry that you had to make such a difficult decision.
You showed your own courage in doing thesis.
Yes - there will always be a Courage shaped hole in your heart. It’s only there because you loved him.
Be kind and gentle with yourself as you grieve

I am so sorry you had to make the decision to help Courage a cross the bridge, it is the last act of love we can ever do for them. Courage was gorgeous and had an amazing life with you. Massive hugs x

Sleep well little one

RIP Courage
x x

Back