• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Crippling anxiety

Thank you. I think they wanted hospital but there are no beds and they're already overstretched.

I am sorry that you have been struggling too but am glad you're in a support bubble with your neighbours. I hope you feel better soon xx
It's a pity that there aren't any hospital beds ( nothing new); it's not nice being stuck in hospital but sometimes it's the best place to be and where you can get the support you need.

Even though I have things to do, I am often too anxious to do anything. I have always found piggy cuddles to be very therapeutic and if I summon up the courage to phone a kind friend, talking ( not about how I'm feeling in particular) helps a lot too. I should do it more often.

It's a pity that there aren't any hospital beds ( nothing new); it's not nice being stuck in hospital but sometimes it's the best place to be and where you can get the support you need.

Even though I have things to do, I am often too anxious to do anything. I have always found piggy cuddles to be very therapeutic and if I summon up the courage to phone a kind friend, talking ( not about how I'm feeling in particular) helps a lot too. I should do it more often.

I’ve been stuck in hospital before. On the several occasions I was there, it was horrible but also a welcome break from everyday life.

I’m sorry that you’re often anxious. It’s a horrible feeling but I’m glad you find talking to a trusted friend helps x

I’ve been stuck in hospital before. On the several occasions I was there, it was horrible but also a welcome break from everyday life.

I’m sorry that you’re often anxious. It’s a horrible feeling but I’m glad you find talking to a trusted friend helps x
Thanks Claire. Given how you're feeling, it's amazing that you provide such generous and tremendous support to others having a hard time ❤

I've only been to hospital once, a long time ago now but it was for quite a few months and the best place for me at the time. I was able to go home for the weekends which helped with the monotony.

I hope you are able to access the help you need, even if you have to wait for it for now.

Thanks Claire. Given how you're feeling, it's amazing that you provide such generous and tremendous support to others having a hard time ❤

I've only been to hospital once, a long time ago now but it was for quite a few months and the best place for me at the time. I was able to go home for the weekends which helped with the monotony.

I hope you are able to access the help you need, even if you have to wait for it for now.

Thank you. I’m glad you found hospital helped you. It’s always better when you’re allowed home at weekends.

Thank you, I’ll get there I hope x

A family friend currently needs to be taken into hospital for mental health but they keep releasing her and taking her back in for some reason, she’s really really poorly and it doesn’t make sense as to why they keep letting her go, think it’s all just a mess right now :(

A family friend currently needs to be taken into hospital for mental health but they keep releasing her and taking her back in for some reason, she’s really really poorly and it doesn’t make sense as to why they keep letting her go, think it’s all just a mess right now :(

I’m sorry they keep releasing her :( The mental health system is a joke right now. I’m meant to be getting twice weekly phone calls from the mental health team but they’ve told me this morning, they’re having to cut it back as they don’t have the staff :( x

I’m sorry they keep releasing her :( The mental health system is a joke right now. I’m meant to be getting twice weekly phone calls from the mental health team but they’ve told me this morning, they’re having to cut it back as they don’t have the staff :( x

It really does seem to be awful right now, I'm sorry you're not getting the help you need, can only hope it gets better :( x

I've been for a walk around the lake today. Put my new coat on (is berry coloured - I branched out from black!) & my warm boots. Even bought myself a plant from the market thats on today. I hope I don't kill it, as my birthday chrysanthemums seem to have died off, which makes me sad as I don't know what I've done to them. I'm going to have reaearch busy lizzies too, as I don't know if it will sirvive through winter?!

Had a bit of eye strain this week. Trying not to panic, have been putting my dry eye drops in & think it's because I've been wearing my mask at work a lot more. To be able to see to speak to parents, have to tuck it right under my glasses & it starts irritating my eye after a while. Have been doing scrapbook for two days so I don't think looking at my laptop for hours on end has helped. Plus it's not really been daylight here, is just grey & cloudy so definitely not what you would call good daylight conditions. I've been sleepling though but not really feeling much better for it.

It's been a real eye opener on facebook last couple of days as lots more people seem to be struggling through lockdown this time around. Maybe they are just able to be more vocal about. I'm not & never have been (its easier on here). Mental health is going to need lots of investment & I know its not that easy but after this year something is going to have to give.

Sorry for the essay! Hope everyone is doing ok on this lovely grey Friday.

I think half the problem now is that so many staff are having to self isolate or are ill, so it makes an already broken system even worse. I hope you are able to get some calls, and there's always support here, even if it's not the same.

@Claire W I am so sorry you are struggling and not able to access the support you need right now.

This might sound like a silly suggestion, but do you think a pen friend would help? You know - someone to exchange little handwritten letters with?
It isn't an instant fix, but sending and receiving letters can sometimes offer a nice distraction, and I think it is often overlooked in every day life with all of these instant ways to connect with people.

I am not sure if an occasional letter exchange sounds appealing or stressful - let me know as I have have a couple of pen friends and would be happy to add you to my list of people to send the occasional card or note to (snail mail).

I think half the problem now is that so many staff are having to self isolate or are ill, so it makes an already broken system even worse. I hope you are able to get some calls, and there's always support here, even if it's not the same.

Thank you. That’s why I love this forum x

@Claire W I am so sorry you are struggling and not able to access the support you need right now.

This might sound like a silly suggestion, but do you think a pen friend would help? You know - someone to exchange little handwritten letters with?
It isn't an instant fix, but sending and receiving letters can sometimes offer a nice distraction, and I think it is often overlooked in every day life with all of these instant ways to connect with people.

I am not sure if an occasional letter exchange sounds appealing or stressful - let me know as I have have a couple of pen friends and would be happy to add you to my list of people to send the occasional card or note to (snail mail).

Thank you. I wouldn’t say no to having a pen friend and receiving the occasional card or note. Let me know if you want my address x

How is everyone doing this week?

I've got dry eye in both eyes now. My right one was so painful Mon/Tues I resorted to painkillers whilst at work. It took me a while to realise the ache/gritty feeling that comes & goes is probably dry eye (this time with a touch of blurred vision - felt like I'd had a contact lens in for 12 hours) so have started putting drops in. Hopefully started with the drops early enough to avoid the pain I went through with my left eye.

My sleeping however is a completely different story!

I’m not doing too well at all :( My depression is at rock bottom and my anxiety at an all time high especially stressing that I’m going to have a funny turn.

Sorry about your dry eye @Sar but I hope that the drops and painkillers worked x

Back