• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Crippling anxiety

I’m sorry for the merry go round :( that sounds really exhausting, I really do hope he puts himself first and sees someone. They finally took my stepdad, now I can rest
You can finally relax knowing your Stepdad's in a safe place and he is going to be looked after. No more worry for you. It's a shame that it has to get to him being so ill before they can take him.

You can finally relax knowing your Stepdad's in a safe place and he is going to be looked after. No more worry for you. It's a shame that it has to get to him being so ill before they can take him.

It really is! They always wait until it’s extreme until they do anything. The people who came were very nice and a lovely policeman assigned himself to me until my stepdad was gone. It’s all such a shame but he will get better in due time with their help

I’m sorry for the merry go round :( that sounds really exhausting, I really do hope he puts himself first and sees someone. They finally took my stepdad, now I can rest

We've been like this for 10 years now, possibly longer. It's draining because I feel as though I'm always having to second guess what he will do next. He likes to drink too & when he's been drinking he could do anything. I'm the person that flinches if anyone one opens a can of pop or anything because that sound takes me back to him drinking tin after tin. He stormed out to his friends the other day. Said he was going for a cup of tea and a game of darts, ended up drunk. I don't believe anything he says as usually its just lie after lie. Tells us what we want to hear & does the opposite.

You will get there with your driving. It’s only natural to be nervous.

I hope that your brother reaches out for help x

I'm going to have to give myself a talking to before my next lesson. This one was a better lesson, I think I just panic & either my legs or my head forget what they need to do. The long break between this one and last one hasn't helped too. The thought of some other eye related problem is playing on my mind too a little now.

We've been like this for 10 years now, possibly longer. It's draining because I feel as though I'm always having to second guess what he will do next. He likes to drink too & when he's been drinking he could do anything. I'm the person that flinches if anyone one opens a can of pop or anything because that sound takes me back to him drinking tin after tin. He stormed out to his friends the other day. Said he was going for a cup of tea and a game of darts, ended up drunk. I don't believe anything he says as usually its just lie after lie. Tells us what we want to hear & does the opposite.

I'm going to have to give myself a talking to before my next lesson. This one was a better lesson, I think I just panic & either my legs or my head forget what they need to do. The long break between this one and last one hasn't helped too. The thought of some other eye related problem is playing on my mind too a little now.

My brother is an alcoholic. Don’t get me wrong, he’s doing amazing these days but growing up with him was horrible so I understand x

My brother is an alcoholic. Don’t get me wrong, he’s doing amazing these days but growing up with him was horrible so I understand x

It's so hard isn't, especially when people don't have to live with it. I've been seriously asking myself recently why I still live at home & put up with him. This is not my safe place anymore, walking on eggshells, always worried in case I say / do the wrong thing. This is why I so want to do my driving now & why I'm waiting for the bank to be doing face to face appointments so I can have a mortgage appointment. I'm 30 now, I think it's time to put myself first for a change (& if one more person asks when I'm moving out of home/learning to drive I may scream!)

On the plus side, I've ordered a new book. The DVSA guide to essential driving skills or something. I popped into town for eyedrops & saw it in WHSmiths. It had a good roundabout page with explanations & diagrams anyway so I think it may help have the explanations of why we do x, y, z & when... I make notes after each lesson but get in a tizz when can't remember stuff in the correct order.
I've also told myself I'm ringing specsavers at end of week if I feel jittery about these flash things.

It's so hard isn't, especially when people don't have to live with it. I've been seriously asking myself recently why I still live at home & put up with him. This is not my safe place anymore, walking on eggshells, always worried in case I say / do the wrong thing. This is why I so want to do my driving now & why I'm waiting for the bank to be doing face to face appointments so I can have a mortgage appointment. I'm 30 now, I think it's time to put myself first for a change (& if one more person asks when I'm moving out of home/learning to drive I may scream!)

On the plus side, I've ordered a new book. The DVSA guide to essential driving skills or something. I popped into town for eyedrops & saw it in WHSmiths. It had a good roundabout page with explanations & diagrams anyway so I think it may help have the explanations of why we do x, y, z & when... I make notes after each lesson but get in a tizz when can't remember stuff in the correct order.
I've also told myself I'm ringing specsavers at end of week if I feel jittery about these flash things.

It is hard and until you’ve lived with it, it’s hard for people to understand.

I’m sorry that you no longer feel safe at home. That treading on egg shells feeling is awful and doesn’t help with our anxiety.

It’s nobody else’s business why you still live at home. Only move out when you are good and ready

The book sounds amazing and I hope it helps you x

How is everyone doing this week?

Thanks to brother I had 3 hours sleep last night & am currently half way through a 10hr shift.... running on empty!

Hi all, spent some time reading this thread today and I’m sending love to all who need it.

I’m a mental health nurse who does suffer with quite severe anxiety at times and low mood. Recently had to have many months off work at the beginning of the year due to being probably the worst I’ve ever been. Then when I was feeling better after a long slog, got to go back to work in the height of the pandemic! So work is a massive trigger for my anxiety currently, but I am coping better than I expected so that’s a positive.

Mental health is so tricky and my animals are my protective factor and what keeps me going. Its so good that you guys have this supportive outlet and I’m glad to have found it.

Hi all, spent some time reading this thread today and I’m sending love to all who need it.

I’m a mental health nurse who does suffer with quite severe anxiety at times and low mood. Recently had to have many months off work at the beginning of the year due to being probably the worst I’ve ever been. Then when I was feeling better after a long slog, got to go back to work in the height of the pandemic! So work is a massive trigger for my anxiety currently, but I am coping better than I expected so that’s a positive.

Mental health is so tricky and my animals are my protective factor and what keeps me going. Its so good that you guys have this supportive outlet and I’m glad to have found it.
I’m sorry that you also suffer with anxiety and low mood, this forum is amazing for support and we can all make it through together. Really glad you’re coping better than anticipated :) x

How is everyone doing this week?

Thanks to brother I had 3 hours sleep last night & am currently half way through a 10hr shift.... running on empty!

It’s back to hiding in bed for me. Hope you get some good sleep tonight! You deserve it x

I’m sorry that you suffer too, mental illness is horrible :(
We’re all here to support each other x

I’m sorry to hear that 😞 I hope you get some better sleep tonight x

I should do as he on a night shift. I've reached the pounding headache stage.
On the plus side had no eye flash things but always worry when I don't sleep properly as feel like this could encourage them. Bonkers I know. I'm going to ring Specsavers on Fri, just for advice really as the wondering isn't doing me any good.

Sorry to hear that. Once they get his medication sorted he should be a bit better. When my late Mum was admitted It took them a few days to sort her medication out.

Sorry to hear that. Once they get his medication sorted he should be a bit better. When my late Mum was admitted It took them a few days to sort her medication out.

I think it might take a little while, at the moment he's having a needle every day with something to calm him down, not sure what it's called, he's apparently in an intensive care unit in a room away from people so he won't disturb them. can't imagine how it must be for him :(

I once had a colleague visit from Sardinia for a few months. She lived 'on site' in Berkshire and one week was really happy because her boyfriend was coming over and they were going to drive up to Edinburgh for a long weekend... they had always wanted to visit. I said it would be quite a long drive (Sardinia is pretty small!) but they were happy to have a go at it. On Monday she came up and said, "We never get there - we get to main road and they have this thing - what do you call it? We go round and round and I am screaming and hanging on his arm and he is panic and we are there 10 minutes and get dizzy and other drivers 'beep beep' all the time!" The poor kids had gotten stuck on the first roundabout. I asked if roundabout rules were different in Sardinia - she said, "We do not have!"
So you're doing better than that. Some of us are old enough to remember there used to be an advert on TV which actually showed you how to use roundabouts with a little cartoon illustration. Now that was useful!

I think it might take a little while, at the moment he's having a needle every day with something to calm him down, not sure what it's called, he's apparently in an intensive care unit in a room away from people so he won't disturb them. can't imagine how it must be for him :(
I hope they can get him feeling better as soon as possible. Although it often takes a while on the wards as people need time to settle to their environment and the staff need time to observe too before they make a plan.
The wards unfortunately are not really nice places for ill people. But a necessary evil.
I hope you are managing to get plenty of rest and time to look after yourself more now without the added stress and pressure of looking after and worrying about your stepdad.

Back