• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Crippling anxiety

Claire W

Forum Donator 2023/24
Reaction score
Following on from this thread Funny turns 😞 does anyone else suffer from crippling anxiety? I’m really struggling right now and it’s making my depression and funny turns worse 😞

I feel a little silly for writing the thread but I’m at the end of my tether with feeling like this

I'm fortunate not to suffer from anxiety but have an understanding of it from my Mum who had bipolar and anxiety. It's hard to live with someone you love who has it so it must be very hard to live with it. We are here for you. pm me anytime you want.

I suffer from crippling anxiety as well, I can sympathise and I’m only sorry you have to live with it too :( I’m at a point of where if nothing is wrong my brain will search until it finds something. Please don’t feel silly, we are all here for you ❤️

Thank you @Betsy I also suffer from borderline personality disorder so it all mingles in to one 😞I’m sorry you suffer to @Rivervixen it’s hard isn’t it?

I had another ‘funny turn’ earlier today and hubby asked me what I’ve got to be anxious about. I didn’t even no 😞 I get anxious about having funny turns

Thank you @Betsy I also suffer from borderline personality disorder so it all mingles in to one 😞I’m sorry you suffer to @Rivervixen it’s hard isn’t it?

I had another ‘funny turn’ earlier today and hubby asked me what I’ve got to be anxious about. I didn’t even no 😞

it’s very hard to live with :( with anxiety there’s sometimes no explanation as to why we feel that way, I’ve been asked the same thing and I can’t answer sometimes either, I’ve posted on here before about my anxiety and everybody was so supportive, big hugs Claire xx

it’s very hard to live with :( with anxiety there’s sometimes no explanation as to why we feel that way, I’ve been asked the same thing and I can’t answer sometimes either, I’ve posted on here before about my anxiety and everybody was so supportive, big hugs Claire xx

Thank you. It doesn’t help that my husband gets annoyed with me as he says I have nothing to be anxious about 😞 We don’t have kids so it’s just the two of us and the pets x

Sending many hugs @Claire W anxiety is a terrible thing, like big black clouds of dread and panic hanging about all the time :(
I know you've spoken about this before but sorry if I can't remember exactly, have you got any medication or CBT to help you? Or even some mindfulness exercises you come up with yourself...
I take a beta-blocker medicine for my high blood pressure and my anxiety, which helps quite a bit, but I often wake up in a panic at 3am terrified for no reason or imagining all sorts of awful things might have happened or worried to distraction about things that I said or did the day before, or things that I need to do the next day... so I made up this thing where I actively visualise capybaras, every bad thought gets an imaginary capybara eating a carrot or climbing into bed with me. Its daft but it works for me. I am sending you some of my imaginary capybaras to sit on your bad thoughts, but do keep pushing for some therapy or medication that helps too if you arent getting the help you need x

Thank you. It doesn’t help that my husband gets annoyed with me as he says I have nothing to be anxious about 😞 We don’t have kids so it’s just the two of us and the pets x

I’m sorry to hear that :( my fiancé doesn’t understand my reactions or thoughts sometimes either, we don’t always need a reason to be and I think some people don’t understand that either xx

I suffer with anxiety and depression and it can be truly awful, particularly in such challenging times. Many years ago I had months of 'funny turns' which stemmed from anxiety but weren't diagnosed for a long time. Once I had a diagnosis I was less worried by the strange sensations etc I was having and it helped to reduce my anxiety.

Please don't feel silly for sharing your troubles, that's what this lovely forum is here for; troubles with our piggies and difficulties with life.

I'm going through a good patch at the moment but feel for you struggling. Big hugs to you x

Sending many hugs @Claire W anxiety is a terrible thing, like big black clouds of dread and panic hanging about all the time :(
I know you've spoken about this before but sorry if I can't remember exactly, have you got any medication or CBT to help you? Or even some mindfulness exercises you come up with yourself...
I take a beta-blocker medicine for my high blood pressure and my anxiety, which helps quite a bit, but I often wake up in a panic at 3am terrified for no reason or imagining all sorts of awful things might have happened or worried to distraction about things that I said or did the day before, or things that I need to do the next day... so I made up this thing where I actively visualise capybaras, every bad thought gets an imaginary capybara eating a carrot or climbing into bed with me. Its daft but it works for me. I am sending you some of my imaginary capybaras to sit on your bad thoughts, but do keep pushing for some therapy or medication that helps too if you arent getting the help you need x

Thank you and thank you for the capybaras. I do like that idea.
I take an antidepressant for the anxiety and depression and have had CBT for the anxiety and DBT for the personality disorder which included a lot of mindfulness exercises but I am struggling to use my skills when having a panic attack or funny turn 😞 x

I’m sorry to hear that :( my fiancé doesn’t understand my reactions or thoughts sometimes either, we don’t always need a reason to be and I think some people don’t understand that either xx
I’m sorry that your fiancé doesn’t understand either. If only they understood that we don’t need a reason x

I suffer with anxiety and depression and it can be truly awful, particularly in such challenging times. Many years ago I had months of 'funny turns' which stemmed from anxiety but weren't diagnosed for a long time. Once I had a diagnosis I was less worried by the strange sensations etc I was having and it helped to reduce my anxiety.

Please don't feel silly for sharing your troubles, that's what this lovely forum is here for; troubles with our piggies and difficulties with life.

I'm going through a good patch at the moment but feel for you struggling. Big hugs to you x

Thank you. I’m sorry that you suffer too m. The funny turns are awful, I feel like I’m having a stroke when I have one and my heart starts beating ten to the dozen 😞 x

I am slowly accruing quite the list of anxiety disorders, general, health, social.. made worse by some ocd and c-ptsd. I'm so sorry to hear you have it too, anxiety is so awful, you never know what or when it's going to be set off, the entire thing about it is it's mostly irrational. And of course we know that, but no amount of knowing i'm being irrational makes it any easier for me to deal with, and that also makes it difficult for those around me.

Sending virtual hugs to fellow forum sufferers that want one!

Thank you. I’m sorry that you suffer too m. The funny turns are awful, I feel like I’m having a stroke when I have one and my heart starts beating ten to the dozen 😞 x
I used to see stationary things, like lampposts and staircases moving it was very scary, but all in the brain...it has a lot to answer for !

I even had a healthcare professional say it sounded like MS. That didn't help with the anxiety :no:

I used to see stationary things, like lampposts and staircases moving it was very scary, but all in the brain...it has a lot to answer for !

I even had a healthcare professional say it sounded like MS. That didn't help with the anxiety :no:

It sounds very much the same as my funny turns. The whole room begins to spin and I can’t talk or walk properly. I bet someone saying it sounded like MS didn’t help 😞

How did you stop your funny turns from happening? x

I am slowly accruing quite the list of anxiety disorders, general, health, social.. made worse by some ocd and c-ptsd. I'm so sorry to hear you have it too, anxiety is so awful, you never know what or when it's going to be set off, the entire thing about it is it's mostly irrational. And of course we know that, but no amount of knowing i'm being irrational makes it any easier for me to deal with, and that also makes it difficult for those around me.

Sending virtual hugs to fellow forum sufferers that want one!

Thank you. I’m sorry that you suffer too 😞

I’m so sorry you feel like this, I to take meds for anxiety and have tried CBT a few years ago but it didn’t help. I had 6 months of psychotherapy with a private therapist which has really help in understanding the deep routed issues. The funny turns don’t sound fun, I have sleep hallucinations waking up in the middle of the night thinking there is all sorts in the room, once thought one of the piggies was on top of the curtain track! Your not in this alone and don’t forget that ❤️

Back