• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Crippling anxiety

It’s good that you have spoken to your mum and that she’s coming with you. I’m sorry that you had a bad experience though but hopefully you will have a good experience tomorrow.

Try not to worry about not seeing numberplates in the dark, not many people can x

Had a lovely optometrist, so kind & helpful.. and everything is ok. She can't see any holes, tears, bleeds, detachments of any kind or anything untoward with my eye. I gave her a bit of the backstory from August when I developed floaters & dry eye. She is wondering if these flash things could be migraine / stress related & told me to note down when see any & if they coincide with any of these bad headaches I've been getting. My eyes are about back to normal now after those lovely dilation drops but they are both stinging a bit so think its time for some drops. I can put my dry eye drops in more often than the 2/3 times it says on packaging as I can't overdose on them.

The numberplate in the dark did worry me but then I guess grey full cloud cover/fog & rain can't be classes as good daylight conditions.

My anxiety is through the roof so much so that I have been vomiting :(

We’re going to my parents house on Christmas Day and my in-laws are coming up on Boxing Day and we’re doing a buffet for them and my parents.

I’m stressing out big time that I’m going to have a funny turn and ruin the days :( Hub hasn’t seen his parents for over 3 months so I really don’t want to ruin Christmas by having a funny turn :(

I'm sorry to hear this. If you did have a turn, they would understand. X

Had a lovely optometrist, so kind & helpful.. and everything is ok. She can't see any holes, tears, bleeds, detachments of any kind or anything untoward with my eye. I gave her a bit of the backstory from August when I developed floaters & dry eye. She is wondering if these flash things could be migraine / stress related & told me to note down when see any & if they coincide with any of these bad headaches I've been getting. My eyes are about back to normal now after those lovely dilation drops but they are both stinging a bit so think its time for some drops. I can put my dry eye drops in more often than the 2/3 times it says on packaging as I can't overdose on them.

The numberplate in the dark did worry me but then I guess grey full cloud cover/fog & rain can't be classes as good daylight conditions.

I'm sorry to hear this. If you did have a turn, they would understand. X

I am so glad that you had a nice optometrist and that they can’t find anything wrong. If the floaters are due to stress / migraines at least that gives you some answers. I’m also glad your mind has been put at ease about the numberplate thing.

Thank you. I just really don’t want any funny turns. I got myself in to a right state about it earlier, couldn’t stop being sick :( x

I'm just going to have to monitor it I think & put myself first more. I think everything is taking its toll & coming out through my eyes. Time to take better care of me now, not the easiest thing to do here at the minute but can try. I have two weeks off over Christmas, am going to catch up on a few jobs but relax too (hopefully!).

I'm just going to have to monitor it I think & put myself first more. I think everything is taking its toll & coming out through my eyes. Time to take better care of me now, not the easiest thing to do here at the minute but can try. I have two weeks off over Christmas, am going to catch up on a few jobs but relax too (hopefully!).

Take time out for you and it’s good if you can relax over Christmas x

So guess who woke up this morning & saw the briefest of a moon shaped flash when I opened my eyes?! I'm going to have to try & forget about them/ignore them/not panic when I see any. They can just happen, less common than floaters the lady said yesterday but I'm hoping they disappear. Then my eye drops ran out, so I'm glad I got some last week!

How is everyone doing? As we are reaching the end of the year I thought I'd check in.

I'm soso at the minute. Christmas was the abaolute disaster I ws expecting & more so I'm pleased the whole thing is over.

Covid wise.... Nothing has changed here. I think we're stuck in habits now that will be with us for a while. I've been off work over Christmas & enjoyed a few lazy days / lots of food (too much food!) I'm ready for back to work now & a bit of a structure back in my life.

Driving lessons...todays was the first in 3 weeks that I haven't wanted to give up & cry half way through. Roundabouts are starting to make a bit more sense now & I think its starting to click a little. The whole stop start in traffic/lights gets me as I worry it takes me too long to set off/get organised & then I worry about holding traffic up/stalling etc. Instructor says to ignore everyone else they were all learners once & it will take as long as it needs to. The last 2 lessons I've gone to pot when turning back into my street at end of lesson which is frustrating. I have just done a list to remind me what gears I need when & identified lots of pages I need to remember from my esential driving skills book... I can only get better right!?

Thank you all for all your kind words this year, it helps knowing people understand. I'm sure I'll be here loads of times in 2021 too.

Following the lockdown has made my life turn upside down pretty much. We’re having to apply for exceptional assurance for my fiancé who’s visa runs out on the 26th, and I can’t to back to America with him as holidays are banned and my visa is still processing. Very sad to say I’ve become very dependent on him and practically need him to stay well now, really just hoping the UK shows him the same mercy USA showed me when Covid prevented me from leaving. He doesn’t feel able to even get home through the lockdown, if he gets denied we don’t know what we will do 😭

having just discovered this thread it’s so comforting to know i’m not alone with anxiety issues! i can go months, even up to a year with very limited anxiety and then have one event which leaves me on edge even months after it’s ended. it’s usually caused by one of the guinea pigs getting ill, and then i work myself into a state thinking either they’re not going to get better, or die soon, or going to get ill again. it’s a nightmare! this past week has been especially hard with the lockdown and i’m unsure about my future. i was hoping to study at cambridge in the autumn but now it’s uncertain. That and my 6.5 year old guinea pig has had stomach issues that i convinced myself was bloat - but the vet completely disagreed and said her stomach felt empty instead of bloated. so she was given a gut stimulating injection and critical care. no painkiller or gut meds like i was expecting - but she is eating today so maybe i should just trust the vet! i seem to have also convinced myself that she’s lethargic, but how reliable that is i’ll never know. i can barely find the energy to shower currently, it’s been so draining!
hope everyone is doing alright in lockdown, this thread is such a lovely coping tool in knowing you aren’t alone.

@Wizzy you are definitely not alone. I thought I'd got my anxiety under control by not thinking ahead and living in the here and now. Ha, the realisation of the limits of the new lockdown hit me today and so did the panic attacks. Now trying to think no more than 2 hours ahead to calm myself down again.
I hope you and your piggy are better very soon, and you get your dream of going to Cambridge.

Well I’m sat feeling quite anxious now at work. It’s looking more and more likely I’m going to be redeployed. I volunteered as all my work colleagues have children etc. And I was feeling ok about it.
but just come out of a meeting that’s made it very clear it’s likely imminent and it’s left me feeling rather sick.
I’m trying to see it as an opportunity and positive. And I’m sure it will be fine. But it’s the not knowing, it really sets my anxiety off.
if I had a date I’d be able to move forward but gosh just having it hanging over me is not conducive for work right now. Argh! Thanks for the rant and hopefully I can get a grip on things and Feel less anxious soon.
Sending love to all who need it. X

I’m sorry for those still struggling :( I saw my psychiatrist yesterday. I was hoping he would give me something extra for my anxiety but he said I’m already on the maximum dose and he doesn’t want to be giving me more tablets to take :(

I’m sorry for those still struggling :( I saw my psychiatrist yesterday. I was hoping he would give me something extra for my anxiety but he said I’m already on the maximum dose and he doesn’t want to be giving me more tablets to take :(
My Piggies send you :luv:
Told Florence who reached out to give you a kiss/cuddle
look. . 20210110_103742.jpg20210110_103742.jpg

I'm sorry @Lavinia I would find the not knowing what the redeployment involved worrying too. Hopefully it will be a step up and an opportunity to learn something new and exciting to add to your CV.

I'm sorry you are feeling so anxious @Clare W. I hope you feel better soon.
I've managed to get on top of my anxiety again. I gave myself a good talking too! I can only do what I can do.

Only just seen these posts. I'm sorry you're feeling anxious @Claire W It's a really difficult time hopefully as things start to improve you'll feel a lot better. Try and keep Strong; don't watch the news, don't work too hard; don't stress and spend extra time with the guinea pigs!
and I'm really sorry @Lavinia that you're being redeployed, is it because of the Covid situation? Not 100% sure what you'll be doing. Hopefully you'll get the vaccine soon. Try not to worry you may actually really enjoy the new role. Keep us all updated please and take care of yourselves :) xx

Thanks @Tara95 I'm a mental health nurse. I work in the community but due to covid the services in our trust all over are pressured and busy and so potentially I might have to go anywhere or back into the wards. It’s been a while since I was on the wards!
I think it will be a good opportunity and I’m seeing it as positive as I can. But what’s hard is not knowing if it is going to happen or when. I had a blip today and felt quite ill about it, but had a deep breath, took a break from my laptop and then got on with my work for the day. I’m sure it will all be ok.

Thanks @Tara95 I'm a mental health nurse. I work in the community but due to covid the services in our trust all over are pressured and busy and so potentially I might have to go anywhere or back into the wards. It’s been a while since I was on the wards!
I think it will be a good opportunity and I’m seeing it as positive as I can. But what’s hard is not knowing if it is going to happen or when. I had a blip today and felt quite ill about it, but had a deep breath, took a break from my laptop and then got on with my work for the day. I’m sure it will all be ok.
Ahh, I can see why you're worried now If there's a potential of going back on the wards. Hopefully you would have had the vaccine by then. Hopefully it won't be as busy in a few weeks once this all settles down a bit. Stay strong you may really enjoy your new position. I'm sure they'll be a few pros atleast and try not to think about the cons xx

hopefully everything is doing okay. whenever things get really bad, i find distancing myself from whatever is the basis of things (usually a sick piggie!), having something to eat and drink even if it’s just a little, and distracting myself with a tv show or movie really helps. i always think of treating myself the way i would treat my mum or friends when they’re feeling like this. all the best to everyone! :luv:
p.s. here’s my 6 year old rexy, recovering from bloat, sending love ❤️

Attachments

• 7FCBA34A-B6E3-4FC2-811B-83558588E2E0.jpeg
    7FCBA34A-B6E3-4FC2-811B-83558588E2E0.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 2
Back