Cruelty Free.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stayc1989

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'd rather go back to washing my hair every day now :) I don't want my money being used to treat animals like crap x

Kate Graham

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'd rather go back to washing my hair every day now :) I don't want my money being used to treat animals like crap x
What is your opinion in an outdoor cage especially for temperatures around 10 degrees, thanks!

Cavy Kung-Fu

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
What is your opinion in an outdoor cage especially for temperatures around 10 degrees, thanks!
That's quite cold to piggies to be outside, they're originally from Peru so they don't do as well in our cold climate.

I keep mine indoors! :)

Stayc1989

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That's quite cold to piggies to be outside, they're originally from Peru so they don't do as well in our cold climate.

I keep mine indoors! :)
Hello :) I keep my piggies indoors too but I have kept them outside when I was younger. I would just make sure they have plenty of hay to keep them warm and I'd get a cover for them to stop any drafts getting in Even if it just covers the top and sides until the temperature drops then id cover the front too. We used to use and old duvet to put on the top and wrapped it around the sides. We covered this with a waterproof sheet to stop the duvet getting wet. It's best to keep the hutch raised off the ground and If it has a run attatched to the bottom I would close this off to stop drafts getting in until it warms up :) x

Cavy Kung-Fu

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Lush is cruelty free but not all products are vegan. My friend has a vegan cruelty free instagram page that also features sex stuff lol (she's a writer for love honey) but she often has stuff about cruelty free products - check her out!

Jess Wilde (@the_perverse_vegan) • Instagram photos and videos
I really wish I could use Lush stuff but it gives me migraines :(

I know I'm in my 20's but I'm a bit of an old lady and don't have Instagram... XD

Might see if I can check it out!

Mamphers

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score

I know I'm in my 20's but I'm a bit of an old lady and don't have Instagram... XD

She has a Facebook page too!

Is it the products or the store that gives you migraines? I buy my stuff online. Their sultana of soap is great for my eczema, it's the only thing that keeps it relatively under control.

Cavy Kung-Fu

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
She has a Facebook page too!

Is it the products or the store that gives you migraines? I buy my stuff online. Their sultana of soap is great for my eczema, it's the only thing that keeps it relatively under control.
A bit of both I suppose, anything with scent even though it smells nice XD

I got some lovely perfumes from Lush a few years ago (after braving going into the shop and being ill after :))) and although I love it I can't wear it! But I still have it just in case!

Wigwig

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
These are more costly but I find them very good: Neal's Yard, Dr Organics, The Organic Pharmacy.

Their stuff sets off my skin problems, but I do find they are too strongly scented too.

Cavy Kung-Fu

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
These are more costly but I find them very good: Neal's Yard, Dr Organics, The Organic Pharmacy.

Their stuff sets off my skin problems, but I do find they are too strongly scented too.
I've not heard of those ones before! I'll have to check them out :)

Wigwig

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've not heard of those ones before! I'll have to check them out :)
Holland&Barrett have dr organics, the others are online. I find health food shops usually have really good ranges of stuff. Some of it costs a bomb though :yikes:

Cavy Kung-Fu

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Well it they're good it's worth it right? :)

I don't have a H&B that close to me but if I ever get a day off I'll go over and try some things! :D

carrie anne

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I tend to use cruelty free make up and household stuff.
Astonish, who make household products, do not test on animals, and their products are really good. Most of Tesco's own brands don't either. If your looking for cruelty free make up that wonderful and cheep, Makeup Revolution are brilliant - looove them. Most of my make up is by them and they have the most beautiful palettes. I use mostly Superdrug's own brands too, which display the leaping bunny. I could waffle on forever :D

Also, I was talking to a shop assistant in Body Shop today, and they might be parting ways with Loreal soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.