• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Cuties Ahoy

Featheryfriend

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I'm jazzed about my new piggies and now that they're finally letting me relax a bit, I really wanted to show them off! I left messages at a couple of small pet rescues and hadn't gotten a call back, but then an opportunity came up to adopt these three botanically-named gals directly from the home of an animal rescue employee. Originally they were saved from being dumped in the desert as babies, but this lovely human had been caring for them for nearly a year while they grew into young lady pigs. Since she travels frequently and has many other animal friends to care for, she wanted them to have a forever home where they could be the stars of the show.

20191008_172506.jpg20191008_172617.jpg

Parsley is the crazy-hair piggie. She is the most chill guinea pig in the nation. Nothing anyone does can phase her. I pulled the fleece right out from under her and it barely disturbed her chill pose. The oreo cookie impersonator is Sage. She's a little camera-shy, but a sweetheart and very observant. She likes burrowing deep into a hay pile and then spying on everyone from in there. These two are close friends and often choose to squeeze into the same hidey.

20191008_172420.jpg20191004_120610.jpg

This big honking brown-and-white monster truck is Juniper. Now that she's buddied up with Penny, it is hard to get a picture of only Juniper - her adoring little fan is always stuck to her. Here's one of her in a jumbo rabbit-size pigloo though, taken before they were introduced. Juniper is a firm yet benevolent, mother-hen sort of piggie. Her straightforwardness and patience is perfect for Penny, who has never really lived with another pig before.

And here are a couple pics from my initial attempt to merge Penny into the entire trio. The very first thing Penny did upon being released into the play pen was run up and give Juniper a good sniff and a lick. Parsley, naturally, is the sort that could get along with anyone and everyone. But then Penny and Sage met, and realized they were eachothers' archnemeses from the mirror universe. As of this morning they can't even look at one other for fear of opening a dimensional rift. I was a little sad about breaking up the trio, and about the herd of four thing not working out, but they don't seem to share my sentimentality on the matter. They seem pleased as punch to be pigs in pairs.

20191008_171555.jpg20191008_171808.jpg
20191008_172646.jpg

How perfectly lovely. Congratulations and wishing you many happy years together 😀

This post made me chuckle. :D "big honking brown-and-white monster truck" :))

She really is a CHUNK, man. :))

When I first saw her I thought she must be overweight, but on closer examination her body condition is perfectly fine - she's just naturally truckish. Good thing she's mild 'n' gentle.

They are just gorgeous. And piggy social hierarchy is a constantly shifting landscape. I wish they knew what was best for them from our point of view, but they do seem intent on making their own choices about who they will or won’t live with. Sounds like yours have really landed on their feet with you.

They are just gorgeous. And piggy social hierarchy is a constantly shifting landscape. I wish they knew what was best for them from our point of view, but they do seem intent on making their own choices about who they will or won’t live with. Sounds like yours have really landed on their feet with you.

They definitely have a way of making up their minds and demanding that I respect it. :rtm: :))

I was hoping for them to have the whole 2x8 grid open to them for ultra zoomies, but since they had their own ideas - so much for that. I know 2x4s are fine for two pigs, but hopefully our next place will have a bit more elbow room so I could maybe expand them into 2x6s. I have the 3 Midwest cages the trio had been living in before, so at least the walls from those can be used to make the living room into a great big pig run for play time. I love watching them get the crazies and zip around.

Back