• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Dachshound puppies

Viennese Furbabies

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Just wanted to share these sweet puppies with you. :D
I went to Hungary with a friend of mine yesterday. She has got 2 dachshounds who stayed with their breeder when she was on holliday. And yesterday she went to bring them home again. :luv:
20210920_165823.jpg
It was also the first time I was outside of Austria since March 2020. :cool:

These babies were really cute but I most confess that I really prefer the smell of guinea pigs.

I hope you enjoyed your break. They are adorable. My parents had miniature long haired dachshunds when I lived at home. When my sister moved out she got two standard ones. They were a lot bigger. Hers were so naughty though. Lovely dogs.

I hope you enjoyed your break. They are adorable. My parents had miniature long haired dachshunds when I lived at home. When my sister moved out she got two standard ones. They were a lot bigger. Hers were so naughty though. Lovely dogs.
They sure are! Lovely and naughty. :whistle:

So cute! We considered a dachshund at one point but then we read about their stubborn streak and some of the common difficulties with them and decided it wouldn't be the best fit for us (I think my hubby was terrified of something else with a stubborn streak in the house... He already puts up with me 😂)

Cuuute! 😍

These babies were really cute but I most confess that I really prefer the smell of guinea pigs.

Haha I was telling my husband this exact thing the other day. Often when I visit a house with dogs or cats, I have to think about how I really don't find guinea pig smell very offensive compared to the scent of dogs or cats. I actually find the natural scent of a clean/healthy guinea pig quite pleasant compared to most other animals, but I might be biased 😆

I'm biased myself. :whistle:

Dachshounds can really be extremley stubborn because they were bred to hunt badgers on their own. And though they are relativley small they have a lot of energy and muscles, specially the standard ones.
When I was still volunteering as a dog trainer I met a lady once who was, I think, in her second year of beginners' obedience class. But she was very relaxed about it. She enjoyed to attend the classes and her boy was really sweet - but a dachshound doesn't really think highly about anything close to obedience.

Often when I visit a house with dogs or cats, I have to think about how I really don't find guinea pig smell very offensive compared to the scent of dogs or cats. I actually find the natural scent of a clean/healthy guinea pig quite pleasant compared to most other animals, but I might be biased 😆
I’m always sniffing my Jasper! :)) He’s got the loveliest piggy smell ever! (Don’t tell ‘normal’ people that of course, they’d think I was blooming bonkers! XD)
Daisy the cat after visiting the litter tray not quite as pleasant surprisingly! 🙊XD

Back