• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Daily Veggies

AutumnThePig

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi,

So, I have read the food forum about what types of veggies to give our piggies. What do you loving piggie owners give for daily veggies? I wanted to see if there was something else I could give daily instead of the same thing.

Thank you ahead of time :)

Here is what i am giving daily now, (this is not always what i feed daily its just what i have now that i can feed daily). Celery, romaine lettuce and cucumber. Ik its not much of a variety as we dont have much veg right now.

Here is what i am giving daily now, (this is not always what i feed daily its just what i have now that i can feed daily). Celery, romaine lettuce and cucumber. Ik its not much of a variety as we dont have much veg right now.

That's what I give mine -- maybe this forum will give you some ideas too :)

Mine get pepper, celery, cucumber, green bean and lettuce (twice) daily. They only get the lettuce in the mornings though. When I remember, they’ll also have coriander (cilantro). Sometimes I run out but they always have at least 3 from the list. I generally try not to run out of pepper, since I sometimes don’t have coriander. It’s a good source of vit c as well.

You could always look at the other veg you can feed and rotate by giving them some A couple of times a week. For example I’ll occasionally give them a bit of carrot if we have some (I think my husband sneaks them some quite regularly if we have them in!) or fruit, but it’s maybe once a month.
Yesterday they had some broccoli I got from work. And last week they had half a Brussels sprout each. Previously I gave them a little cabbage. But these aren’t veg you can feed daily.

I admit my boys did have more variety in the beginning. But they all seem ok with the current diet.

Cucumber and celery and pepper are the daily’s we feed, we then add others in on top

Cucumber, lettuce (lollo rosso, romaine, dandelion greens, cos, escarole), fennel, cilantro and bell peppers are always given daily. Carrots are given every 2 days.

On top comes once a week: cherry tomatoes, celery, broccoli, Chicorée, parsley and a bit of fruit (apple, pear, seedless grapes, strawberries...)

On top of that they also get veggies that are in season (Swiss chard, a bit of peas, a bit of spinach)

Back