• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Dancing

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

DebbieR

So who are the dancers among us?

What dancing have you done? do now? What's your favourite?

I do 5½ hours line dancing a week and I love it. I have also done ballroom, jive, Irish, ballet and tap in my time.
I loved the ballroom and if there was a class near me I would still go.
My dress was royal blue satin with loads of net underneath and I had silver shoes - heaven ;D

I did ballet and tap growing up but now the only kind i do is in clubs

The type I did enjoy was where you danced with others; but I can't think of what it is called to be honest? I liked doing that as it was fun! :D

No good at it though.

I love line dancing... i'm not doing it at the moment but my cousin and I are always looking around the area to see who's doing a class next! Its ace!

In my time tho, I have done ballroom dancing & latin american dancing - got lots of trophies in the loft. Used to LOVE latin American dancing - it was very sexy and lots of fun! ;)

Trace x

Another line dancer woohoo. What level did you get to? I'm at intermediate. Lots of fast spins and complicated steps. We've just learned a great dance to the new Scissor Sisters song. Where do you live? I thought there were classes everywhere :)

I used to do modern, disco and rock n roll. I recently tried salsa which was great fun.
Now the only dancing I do is in clubs and at wedding receptions! Or around the house whilst doing house work!

DebbieR said:
Another line dancer woohoo. What level did you get to? I'm at intermediate. Lots of fast spins and complicated steps. We've just learned a great dance to the new Scissor Sisters song. Where do you live? I thought there were classes everywhere :)

hehe Line dancing is ace! Especially if you get a really good song and the dance totally fits it - you really get into the dance and its brill!

My cousin and I went for years at this one class and then moved to another class... In the end we were doing the harder ones with more twists, turns, hop, skips and jumps than I can think of! hahaha Used to get to do the really cool dances either when there was a break and they would do the harder dances, or at the end when the class was over. We worked our way up there tho, but we both had been dance lessons before doing other stuff, so we seemed to get right into it... LOVE dancing...

I live in Crewe - I keep telling me cousin to find another class cause its so much fun and i'm rusty at it again now! hahaha

Trace x

I did ballet as a kid. I'm just not graceful enough for dancing - better off sticking to the running and squash!

I'm sure that's not true Lucinda :)

Trace,
It is great fun when you start learning the more complicated dances isn't it? I help out at a beginners class every week and having to walk through the simplest dances over and over again really does my head in but we all have to start somewhere don't we? :) I find it very easy to pick up and remember the dances but some of my beginners have to be taught to walk forward and back every week ::)
Why don't you have a go at home till you find a class? If you go to www.kickit.to you can get step sheets for every dance imaginable and I could send you the music.
What was your favourite dance?

Yer all the dances are great..

I know there was one my cousin and I loved! I dont think it was a really hard one - but I remember there were twists and turns everywhere and the music sounded like we were dancing to the river dance! My memory is awful but is i think it was something like 'tossed feathers' but we did it to what sounded like a riverdance tune which was just fantastic! LOVED that one!

That website is ace btw - thanks! - i'm already dancing round the computer room! ;)

What's your favourite dance?

Trace x

dont let gemma know, but i used to do dance when i was back at school, and was pretty good at it, hehe,

i also used to do a bit of tap but never really took it up properley,

i will stick to me singing :D

Ooh Stu, don't keep that quiet. All the girlies love a man that can dance ;)

Trace,
Was that dance you liked called Coastin'? It was done to Lord of the Dance from Riverdance. If you want any of the music and can't find it (some of it is a bit obscure to say the least) I have loads. I might be able to send it to you.

My favourite dance? There's so many. One of them is definately Black Coffee. We do it in contra circles which is great fun. I also love Cliche, Just Wright and Take a Breather. Do you know any of them?

Ahhhhh that name rings a bell now you've said that! I'll have to ask my cousin but I think you could be right - it was a real riverdance tune and the dance was brilliant I LOVED it! Oooo yes, I remember black coffee as well thats a good one! ;)

I'm not that up on the names of the dances, but if someone stood infront of me, i'd be like - ahhh yer I know that one! :)

You've got me thinking about line dancing now and I've already texted my cousin to tell her to find a class going cause I wanna dance dance dance! hahaha

Trace x

I cant dance. I am sooo clumsy. And I can never remember any steps. I tried something waaaay back in school, and I was so crap.

And I was horrified at the thought of having to dance in front of everyone at my wedding.
I was planning on skipping the whole dance bit altogether. But now, we have booked a Ceilidh Band, and it sounds like great fun,
so I suppose that is going to become my favourite dance (and only :P)

anyone else done Ceilidh?

Oh God, I can't dance to save myself, I have two left feet and I can't move my arms and feet in rythm together!

Starflick said:
Oh God, I can't dance to save myself, I have two left feet and I can't move my arms and feet in rythm together!

Hehe never mind!Everyone will dance their own style!

I used to dance a lot when i was little,all my dances were random though!But i did perform on stage a bit.

I did Ballet and Tap as a child till I was 14,
I can do the Waltz as well but that is it.

did think about doing set dancing which is popular here in Ireland but haven't as yet.

My twin daughters are just learning Irish dancing and love it :)

karen

what's set dancing? That sounds interesting. Is that like square dancing? I did that once and it was great fun.

I love Irish dancing. My cousins were all Ireland champions many moons ago. Their house is covered in trophies and medals.

Trace,
I hope you find a class soon cos there are some really good dances being taught at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back