Decorating

Status
Not open for further replies.

katanamoon

Photo Competition Winner
Reaction score
Ahh I'm so excited :D The husband and I have the next two weeks off and have decided, 16 months after moving into our own house, that now is the time to get rid of the magnolia paint that EVERY SINGLE damn room is painted in and make it look colourful :yahoo:

katie-elizabeth

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Ooooh I love choosing new paint colours! I hope you're not both as indecisive as me though, I change my mind about 100 times when looking through the colours, takes me forever!

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Oooh exciting! We need pics. I love redecorating! Well, not the actual decorating part, but the end results! :P

katanamoon

Photo Competition Winner
Reaction score
I had my eye on a nice wallpaper since last year, so we've had quite a successful trip today - come back with enough of it to do a feature wall in our bedroom and a very pale blue paint for the other three walls. The curtains that we already have in our bedroom are a reversed-out version of the wallpaper (mostly blue curtains with pale blue and gold flowers; the wallpaper is cream with the same blue and gold flowers). Also got a pale yellow paint for the kitchen to go with the red curtains that we have and with plans to get matching tiles for under the cupboards and some under-cabinet lighting. Also brought an arm-full of wallpaper samples for our hallway, stairs and landing and lounge, plus loads of colour swatches. Exciting times! :D

Will take pictures when we start for anyone who's interested!

Goth Mummy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Good luck! I was really into decorating and restoring my old house which was a large rambling victorian terrace, I had to gut it and restore it, putting back reclaimed floorboards and opening up fire places etc, it was my labour of love. Then we bought this 1930s house which was all painted white with beige carpets and I just ran out of steam and enthusiasm. I have painted the children's rooms, thats it. Then we had a lot of building work done, so the downstairs is all bare plaster walls now and looks awful!

I really need some inspiration! I am buying house magazines and trying to get some ideas!

katanamoon

Photo Competition Winner
Reaction score
We are action stations from tomorrow - husband has ordered brushes and wallpaper stuff from Screwfix to collect first thing and then we are GO GO GO! :yahoo:

katanamoon

Photo Competition Winner
Reaction score
Haha! Not yet - we've just finished emptying the room and the dust that's kicking up has turned me into an attractive snotty mess :))

Goth Mummy

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It usually takes me longer to empty a room than it does to decorate as I have far too much stuff!

katanamoon

Photo Competition Winner
Reaction score
Yesterday was pretty successful; we spent what seemed like forever emptying and prepping the room and eventually managed to get a coat of primer on all of the woodwork and about a third of the ceiling repainted.

Unfortunately all of the dust that was kicked up from moving the furniture triggered an asthma attack, prompting a visit to the midnight pharmacy for an emergency prescription as my stupid inhaler decided that now was a great time to be empty!

We also didn't really think the whole sleeping thing through - our bed is in bits on the landing and the spare room is rammed full of the rest of the furniture - so we've spent the night on our reclining sofa (not as comfy as anticipated...) in the lounge, with the pigs... Pixel decided to sing us the song of her people most of the night with a chirping extravaganza so needless to say I feel a little bit delicate today!

Flutterby

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Oh no :( I hope you have a bit of a less stressful day today!

Status
Not open for further replies.