• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Deep Sea World Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I just ask, and I'd be the first person so sign a petition about this kind of thing! But! The orcas that are currently in SeaWorld and stuff... They will never be able to go back into the wild open oceans so where will they go if they close down SeaWorld and places like that?

Can I just ask, and I'd be the first person so sign a petition about this kind of thing! But! The orcas that are currently in SeaWorld and stuff... They will never be able to go back into the wild open oceans so where will they go if they close down SeaWorld and places like that?

Have you seen the documentary 'Black Fish'? It is very sad but I think everyone should know about it. It explains that If Seaworld were to close, there exists kind of 'pens' in the ocean, a netted off cove for example. This isn't ideal but this would be far bigger than the tiny cages they currently live in.

They would still need to be given fish by humans but would no longer need to perform tricks for it.

You can introduce captive animals into the wild through dedicated rehabilitation and therapy and training them for release. It can't be said for all animals that have been held in captivity for long periods of time and have becomes too physically and mentally dependant on humans, but these animals should be given the chance to retire and live out their lives in peace (captivity or not) without having to jump through hoops for our entertainment and be able to display their normal behaviour.
But exploiting animals for entertainment should never be accepted. Just because some of these animals can't be released, it doesn't mean the industry should be perpetuated. It should end before future generations are bred in captivity and are so mentally and physically dependant on us that they physically can't even survive in their natural environment.

nahhhhhhh meannnnnnn......lol

Have you seen the documentary 'Black Fish'? It is very sad but I think everyone should know about it. It explains that If Seaworld were to close, there exists kind of 'pens' in the ocean, a netted off cove for example. This isn't ideal but this would be far bigger than the tiny cages they currently live in.

They would still need to be given fish by humans but would no longer need to perform tricks for it.

The why not educate SeaWorld more so they can build bigger better enclosures, with fresh water if what your telling me if.. There gunna be kept basically in the same sort of place, why not improve the places there in now? Instead of putting them through the stress of completely uprooting them. I'm not saying SeaWorld is right, because I don't think it is. But I think the answer is educating them more and petitioning for bigger fresh sea water enclosures.

You should watch the documentary, you'll see that Seaworld refuse to be educated :( I don't know if petitioning for closure is the best answer, but as at stands whales continue to be bred for a life in a tiny cage.

I think for orcas who obviously cant be reintroduced into the wild, they should be offered the chance to retire and live out the remainder of their lives in a safe enclosure (like a natural bay or cove), where their health and welfare needs are taken care of and they don't have to perform in shows for us and even if they were to be viewed by the general public, that it be from a far enough away distance that it doesn't disturb them. I dont think theres anything natural or humane about the way they're kept now or how they're made perform everyday.

Don't question it, just sign it
orca.jpg
;)

Attachments

• free willy.jpg
    free willy.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 2
Honestly everyone should watch the documentary Black Fish. It is very shocking and upsetting but educational.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back