~~Degus~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deb

Reaction score
Adopted a couple of rescues degus last week. Two males, father and son. :)

They are lovely creatures and I have always like them but you never see degus where live. ! So it was quite by chance the lady who I had my bunnies from mentioned that she had some coming in.

They are still settling in, and I find them fascinating to watch. The one is a lot bolder than the other, and I am hoping with a new bigger cage (as were in a very tiny one), and a bit of TLC the timid one will blossom.

Will take some pics the weekend. :)

Need to think of some names too. So suggestions welcome please.

Does anyone else have any degus ?

Deb x

lolseh

Reaction score
Ooo
There lovely :)
I thought it was like a lizard or something :D

Deb

Reaction score
furryfriends said:
They look really sweet! :) You have to be careful what u feed them though don't you? They can't tolerate anything which contains sugar!
thats right, they are very prone to diabetes so you have to be very very careful over their diet. Thankfully there are some wonderful sites now with degu information on, same as for pigs and chins. They have been very informative to me.

Deb x :)

SweetEdge

Reaction score
awwwwww I cant wait to see some piccies of yours I bet they look soooo cute! :)

xx

D

DebbieR

DEB :o What are you like? ;D

I'm starting to not believe you when you say you're not getting any more animals you know. ;D

Can't wait to see the pictures though

D

Darky

Ooh, I'm jealous! XD

I have too many pets as it is, but I'd love a degu. Some day, perhaps. C:

I

ilovepiggies

Degus are lovely we I used to care for them when I was at college :)

C

claire

I love Degus

My ex boyfriend used to have some and i loved watching them, i think he said that they could shed their tails, is this true?

Love
Claire

S

staffie lass

my daughter has degus they are great fun but very quick, sadly one of our boys has recently gone to rainbow bridge aged about 6 but his brother seems quite happy on his own and in view of his age I don`t think we could introduce a friend

Status
Not open for further replies.