• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Delilah & Sophia's Haircut...followed by a Tender Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura-CCC4

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I gave my sheltie girls a bath a week ago, but they were in dire need of another trim (only three weeks since the last one!), so over the course of an hour my lovely ladies transformed into much glossier, tidier versons of themselves!

Delilah Grace
DelilahHaircutRt.jpg

DelilahHaircutLf.jpg

Sophia Mae
SophiaHaircutRt.jpg

SophiaHaircutLft.jpg

This morning I was sat in the cage spending some time with all the pigs and taking photos, when I noticed Delilah and Sophia sharing a tender moment. They are not strangers to such moments; indeed Sophia seems to be very aware of Delilah's need for friendship and love. Very often I will look at these girls and they are snuggled together, sat together eating, or kissing each others eyes and ears. Today was the first time I have got this on camera.

DeliSophiKiss.jpg

Beautiful photos of beautiful girls. I'm such a softie, that brought tears to my eyes.

What an advertisement for shelties!

You should frame that last wonderful picture - I did that with a similar moment between Minx and Mischief and have it where I can see it from my bed. That way they are always with me!

Now that is just purely precious, what a wonderful moment to capture, i agree i'd frame it x)xx>>>xx>>>xx>>>

How do you get their quiffs to look so good? they always look so beautiful x)x)x)

What stunning piggies you have x)x)
Yes i agree you should frame it, something to treasure forever.

x

Oh what lovely pics of the girlies, you've done a brilliant job with their hairstyles, they look stunning! Lovely to see Delilah looking so well, bless her

Sophie
x

i love all their hairs! maybe next time you give them a trim and decide to post it up here, you could give a before and after?:)):)):)):)):)):)) PRETTY PLEASE:(|)

Thank you all for the lovely comments. :)
Amelia, I will do before and after pics next time. They need haircuts every 3-4 weeks (their hair is very thick and grows very fast!), so it will probably only be a little while before I get those photos for you!

Delilah's doing pretty well, she's definitely an old girl but she's so happy and contented. She had her birthday on 15th August and her and all her friends/neighbours were spoilt rotten.
I did try her for a while without any meds to see if it affected her walking - it didn't seem to make any difference but I noticed she generally looked and acted older when she wasn't on anything. She's been back on the daily Potters Tabritis tablets since 3rd August and there has been a definite improvement.

On closer examination her front feet almost look like "club feet"; whether it's the stiff shoulders and her subsequent walk that had led to her feet looking like that I don't know. Either way, she's a doddery old lady but an absolute sweetheart. I do "mother" her a lot, and she's always the first one I check on every time I enter the room. Her deep sleeps don't help me at all, I end up nudging her to make sure she's not fallen asleep too deeply!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back