• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Did You Miss Me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

7squeakers.

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello, everyone! I've been off-line for a week because my Internet connection was down. Did you miss me? I thought it was something to do with my ISP, Plusnet, but when I phoned them, they said that nothing was wrong their end. One guy I spoke to at Plusnet said that I should not be using two micro-filters. I have one on the phone downstairs and one on the computer upstairs. Its been like that for nearly 8 years. I called out a PC technician who tested both filters, and tried new ones and did other things as well. He said my set-up was fine, and that the fault was probably outside in a junction box . He managed to get my connection up again, but after a week it went off again. A BT engineer came out to test the phone line as there was a lot of noise on the line. He pronounced it okay. Still no connection. I phoned Plusnet again and they said that their maintenance dept would try to find the problem. After a third phone call to them, Plusnet phone back four days later and say that they are sending out another BT engineer. This second one came this morning and did a much more thorough job than the first one. This one actually went up a ladder onto the roof to test the line, and tested the portal where the line enters the house. Finally, he used a device that tells him how far away the fault is. It was 114 metres away in a junction box! So thankfully not on my property. Did you know that if a phone line fault is found on your property, you can be charged £128? The engineer who came today replaced the cable into the house and put in a new phone socket. And as you can see, I have my connection back again! The moral of this story? Be a pest and get a second opinion!

I wondered were you where, glad you are back home :) Pigs well?

Awww, thank you so much, guys.
What a palaver! I didn't half miss this forum! Its really bad, how we depend on the internet so much, isn't it? First thing I did when I got back on the Net was order some GOOD hay from Dust Free Hay. I'd just about run out and had to buy a bag from a local shop. But it is poor quality, slightly damp and has a funny smell. Then I came on here.

Thanks, sport_billy. Yes, all the piggies are well. Clyde went to the Vet on Tuesday as I had found that his lower incisors had developed a long sharp spur. It was filed off. He's fine now. Actually, I never had a clue as about it as he never showed any problems eating. I was having a cuddle with him on Monday and just thought I'd look at his teeth. Must have been ESP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back