did you see the RSPCA programme last night

Status
Not open for further replies.

michellemuffin

Reaction score
a women with loads of cats and lots of rabbits and even more kids (she was pregnant with her 8th,) one of her bratts killed a kitten by throwing it out of their bedroom window, now I am quite tolerant of kids being as i have had 3 boys with ADHD but none of mine would in a million years ever dream of such cruelty, :'( she just huffed it away, the inspector was mad you could see, he managed to get 5 bunnys away but then 3 days later her favourite MALE rabbit gave birth to 7 babies, :o how can the RSPCA ever hope to win against such idiots like that,
her male rabbit gave birth, hang on here she obviously knows a bit about bunnys, 98) :~D I think she needs parenting classes to teach her kids some morals like thou shalt not kill, and maybe some animal training classes on how not to keep any pets you cannot give 100% time to,
the woman inspector cried when she could'nt take an abused pup away from yet another thick cow, he annoys me she said, well woman (thats being polite) YOU ANNOY ME and about half the population of Britain I should think,
and people say to me why do you prefer animals to people, 2 good reasons right there i think,

bevs

Reaction score
No I didn't see that, did you see in the News of the World last week about the the gosling that got kicked to death?

It happened in Mayesbrook Park, where I live (you'll know that park Michelle) and had quite an article in the local paper.

Two young children a boy and a girl about 10 ish started to kick the baby goose around, the mum goose started flapping around in a panic. Passers by stopped to complain, at which point the mother got out of her car gave the passers by an earful for attempting to stop her kids being evil.

She then picked up the dying gosling and chucked it into the reeds, someone retrieved it and took it to a vet but no use.

Makes you wonder what kind of adults they will grow into.

starshine

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Its appauling isn't it?

I can't believe that parents actually let their kids do this kind of thing.

People should have to pass some kind of test before they are alllowed an animal - or a child for that matter! Would make my job so much easier!

Lucinda

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I think many people should be sterilised at birth 2funny

You may guess I really don't like kids 2funny

G

gothchick1515

We saw some boys throwing stones at ducks by us and my mum went off on one and they ran to tell there dad who shouted at my mum but she just gave him a lecture and he shut up i remember it clear as day and i was around 9 i was like :o cos my mum isnt really a angry person lol! then as we left the park the same boys ran over to a girl who had downs syndrome and grabbed her walking frame and chucked it out of reach the poor girl started to cry my mum was spitting!

C

cavykind

My husband and I watched this and were horrified, I've been involved with local animal welfare since 1989, so little surprises me sadly, but that woman with the bunnies, poor creatures :'(

Barbara

lolseh

Reaction score
I was reading a newspaper can't remember what one but there was 2 stories one of them was that some boys ripped the wings off an owl and it had to get put down and the other was boys sticking fireworks in hedgehogs and blowing them up.. It's terrible that they don't get sent to jail for it :(

C

Caroline

I couldn't face the programme because I get very upset about things like that. I hate people who behave so cruelly, and although I'm not a violent person generally, I could easily vicious towards anyone who hurts animals or people weaker than themselves. Caroline

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
I'm the same as you Caroline. I could never watch anything like this without getting terribly upset. Even if it's in the papers I have to hold back the tears to read it or even not at all

C

cavykind

I once dealt with a woman who had about 30 guinea pigs, most of which she had "rescued." The conditions were poor, but not bad enough for the RSPCA to do anything about. She would regularly ring me and say that she couldn't cope and I'd take in a few of the ones she could bring herself to part with.
However once they had gone she would "rescue" more, often buying them from pet shops.

Eventually she did ask us to take them all when her marriage split up and with the help of other guinea rescues we rushed up and emptied the shed.
I lost touch with her after that, but I have a horrible feeling that once settled it would have all started up again :(

Barbara

michellemuffin

Reaction score
now you can all understand how some people, me included much prefer animals to people,
I too have let rip at people being cruel to animals one was a man who was hugh and looked tough with a mongral dog who was petrified of him, he was shouting at it and pulling on its lead, so I said to him maybe i should put a lead on you and drag you around, try a little kindness towards the dog and you might get some where with him, to my amazement he changed in front of me I am so sorry he said I was just trying to get him to walk on the lead properly do you have dogs he said and I ended up showing him how to get the dog to walk to heel, he was a local man most people were afraid of him but he turned into a pussy cat who adored the dog until it died years later, I did tell him I was going to be watching him, but everytime i saw him he was with his dog and they adored each other until the end, I ahve 5 kids and they are all known for adoring animals one son lives with his girlfriend on a farm another keeps cats and bunnys and all would defend an animal i ahve no doubt of that,
that woman should have lost all them animals after her son killed the kitten, with no doubt.

T

thehappypig

I don't understand some people at all...it makes me soooo angry! What right have people got to think that they can abuse ANYTHING...human or animal?
I'm a member of Staffie welfare and there are some awful things they have to deal with like one poor dog got set on fire and left. And what they do to Greyhounds in Spain...At least it's nice to know there are some fellow animal lovers on here! Give yourselves a big pat on the back for being such nice people!

Status
Not open for further replies.