• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Diet Club

AbiS

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well folks, the time has come for me to go on a diet. I want to lose 1 - 1.5 stones. As it is the New Year I am pretty sure there are a few more folks out there doing the same thing. I thought it would be nice to have a little support group to celebrate our successes and tell us that its ok when we accidentally sleep walk into a bar of chocolate (I think I will be doing a lot of sleeping :drool:;)).

I shall be calorie counting using an app on my phone - 1200-1500 per day, and my weigh day will be a Saturday.

Let me know how you will be shedding those evil pounds!

I'm in :D I'm wearing size 16 and want to wear 12s this year :D i will be eating less no less thats it lol. I cant do 1200 cals i faint loads lol

Hi Abi, I will also be watching what I am eating, I will be keeping a food diary, trying to eat more, but good stuff as I eat very little currently, but it's all junk, so more fruit and veg and proper food.

I am not going to be calorie counting or setting any goals, just healthier food and more exercise.

Back to slimming world on Wednesday - I will let you know how I get on!

Lots of luck!

@Toffeewoffee I know what you mean. I used to eat really healthily but have fallen into a hole filled with chocolate, crisps, biscuits and white bread! I am even starting to crave veg now which is just weird. No fruit though - fruit is the work of the Devil!

I also hate fruit ... Gives me acid and I have acid daily anyway without it ... I end up rolling around on the floor moping after fruit

Well I love fruit and a lot of veg/salad, satsumas and grapes are lovely at the moment, I also plan to drink more water, flavoured water, as I can't drink ordinary water. I am going shopping after work tomorrow to stock up on everything healthy.

I also plan to take pictures of myself in my underwear (sorry, disgusting thought I know) but it really helped me in the past to see the changes.

I am plan to exercise 3 nights a week and as the nights get lighter in a few months I will walk to work, which is 40 mins each way.

Tomorrow's food diary is:

A bowl of Special K for breakfast.

During the day at work, cereal biscuits, satsuma, grapes, yogurt, flavoured water and 2 cups of coffee.

Tea will be covent garden leak and potato soup with a slice of bread with light spread.

good luck guys.

From tomorrow i will be taking home made veg soup for my dinners an the rest i havent thought about yet. One plan i do have is to get a smaller plate to eat my evening meals from. Also, i bought a turbo trainer for my bike but it doesnt fit properly, fingers crossed i can sort it then i can use my bike indoors and also my treadmill and hopefully tone up a wee bit.

I dont do fruit, it makes my lips itch for some reason?

@doglovinpiggylover - good plan - I'm going to make a big pan of butternut squash soup for this week. One of the girls at work has been quite successful in doing a diet where you put your normal amount on your plate and then put a spoonful back. As the weeks go on the portions get smaller. My plates are huge and sometimes I really do feel like I have to try to fill the plate up!

One of my downfalls has been carbs - I never used to eat them and now life without them is a bit scary!

I find it difficult knowing how much to make just for one, and end up making wayyyyy too much and hate waste, but i figure if its just veg and stuff it cant be too bad

Ha really karina? That's more than I normally have!

Last night I had some Birdseye fish fillets, mash and peas, but there were 2 fillets, so I made extra mash and pea's and plated up 2 meals, so had the same again tonight, nothing was wasted that way!

Good idea with the small plate, I am going to have a look in asda tomorrow night, also they say about a small fork being a good idea. X

My downfall is crisps when I am bored at work, am going to try and eat healthier and hopefully lose weight in the process. Plan is to at least have my five a day and hopefully more if my IBS allows, though have found a fantastic probiotic which is helping. We are going to do a meal plan too for each week, starting tomorrow night. Think we will be having a lot of vegetable soups and curries. Karina, if you make too much just take it for lunch the next day, that's what we do.

Chloe (is that you toffeewoffee?) I missed the bit where you put tomorrow's meal plan - I totally agree with Karina - that would make me so miserable I would have to eat cake! Good for you though if you can do it - I'm just jealous!

Supposedly, thin people eat more slowly too!

I pretty much bulk cook everything and freeze portions otherwise after every 12hour shift I would have to stop for a takeaway on the way home

Yes I am Chloe lol. I have eaten all of the left over crap from Christmas this weekend, so no more rubbish in the house even if I wanted it, and I live alone so it's not like I have to have it in the house for anyone else, so no temptation! Xx

Back