Dilemma - please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexr

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi - was wondering if I could get your opinion on this:

I have just had an e-mail from an old colleague begging me to take one of her eight cats from her. She says she is being evicted at the end of next week and has to find new homes for her cats or they will have to be put to sleep. She has found homes for the rest but can't find a home for one of the really old ones. She really wants me to take her. She reckons she will pay any vets bills but to be honest I just can't see this happening. I really don't feel in a position to take on a cat. Would I be really heartless if I said no?

One thought I did have is that the place where I got Betty, Boris and Babs have old cats there who are free to roam around who just live out their lives there. Perhaps I could make some enquiries on her behalf to see if they could take her. What do you think?

Alex x

K

kellyspiggies

thats a hard decsion but if you dont want the cat for what ever reason dont take it on, you should make those enquiries for her

alexr

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Thank you! I really feel like she is trying to back me into a corner. I must be strong but I love animals and hate to think of the cat being put down

alexr

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well that's what I thought! Though the cat is quite old - about 10 and obese so I wouldn't be surprised if it was verging on some serious medical condition. Perhaps the rescue won't take her

K

Kellie

I dont know any rescues that would say no in that kind of situation! Shame she cant come to me!

bevs

Reaction score
Don't let emotional blackmail cloud what you know is the right decision, if you don't want the cat for whatever reason, then don't have it. And if you make the enquiries then at least you're saying "no I can't take your cat, but here's what you could do" rather than an outright no.

Bev x x

Status
Not open for further replies.