DIY SOS (pics and video!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hoggle*&*Ludo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The cage looked far too big, they didn't use the top half so I have transformed it from this:
DSCF4414.jpg

to this:
Photo0171.jpg

They love it as the video suggests :(|)

Photo0168.jpg

Photo0169.jpg

Photo0182.jpg

Photo0171.jpg

Photo0180.jpg

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I don't seem to have access to a video...

what will you do with the top level and grid?

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
you could always sell it, someone may be interested in turning a 2- into a 3-storey cage?

Hoggle*&*Ludo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I would but it only consists of the base, ramp and sides, there is no roof but if anyone is interested in the bits...it's only 2 weeks old. There are also 2 hay racks that I haven't used. :)

MrsM

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I just trhought if someone has the same tpe cage as you, they could add a level...

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
oh no, did they not use the top storey... this is one of the cages I was looking at as I'm finding it so difficult to source C&C grids

Hoggle*&*Ludo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
No sadly not, they are nervous little dudes. personally, I wouldn't say it was a good buy, its a lot of bloody money for what I've got from it, the only perk for me is that its a corner cage. They probably have the same floor space though.

It is a NIGHTMARE to build too. Really would not recommend. :(

It is good as it is but for over £100, you would expect more. grrrr

BonBon2010

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I would but it only consists of the base, ramp and sides, there is no roof but if anyone is interested in the bits...it's only 2 weeks old. There are also 2 hay racks that I haven't used. :)

Might I ask where you bought the cage and for how much? I'd like something like that as the next cage for my girls:)

Reaction score
Could it be that the reason they didn't use the other level was because of the ramp? I have the same cage and the ramp that comes with it is very slippy and poorly made, I carpeted mine and soon my boys were running up and down. It's a shame you had to get rid of the level as the 2 tiers make a great lot of space for a pair of boars. :)

Hoggle*&*Ludo

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
BonBon - I got it from Zooplus for £116. Really good service, so happy with them. :)

GuineaPigg, you make a good point, I've not really give them a chance. The only thing for me is my room is quite small and it takes over, it's huge! I may in the future give it a try. :)

Sarah from Chucklebunnies

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
If you've got the space I'd hang on to the bits left over. You might get them up in the top section with ramp help and more confidence, or you might need the extra base as a place to keep a poorly piggy in the future. Just a thought!

They are fab piggies, looking happy and healthy! A credit to their piggy mum!

Status
Not open for further replies.