• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Do Boars Spray?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niki

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've been trying to re-intro Huxley & Hamish & have been following Susie's tips. I let them into a small area of the run, there was a bit of teeth chattering & then Huxley barged Hamish with his bum & then there was this awful smell. I picked them both up & the same smell was on a bit of Hamish's back, nowhere else. Could Huxley have sprayed him?

Needless to say i won't be trying again they've made their feelings well known. I only tried them as Huxley seems depressed on his own with no contact from other piggies. I'm now going to do a hutch change & have him next to Hamish with a mesh divider (as before) & move Angus & Fergus into Hamish's old hutch but make it bigger for them.

They can do! When they really excited! I had a 12 week old once and I kept noticing when he'd been out with Pooks that there was this awful smell and "wet bits" on the wall! Ugh! then I put tow and two together and realised he was soooo excited with Pooks he was spraying - stinks doesn't it? I have 4 boys now two together and two seperate and haven't noticed it again I think its an extreme thing!

piglover said:
They can do! When they really excited! I had a 12 week old once and I kept noticing when he'd been out with Pooks that there was this awful smell and "wet bits" on the wall! Ugh! then I put tow and two together and realised he was soooo excited with Pooks he was spraying - stinks doesn't it? I have 4 boys now two together and two seperate and haven't noticed it again I think its an extreme thing!

It was disgusting, i've never met a skunk but would imagine that the smell was something like - eugh!

oh dear i know exactly what you mean. how horrid! i had one of my two boys out on the sofa and my boyfrind had Colin, my newly rescued boar. Both adults. They ignored each other completely at first and then met up. There was a lot of bottom shuffling, purring, and then this AWFUL smell. It came from Leroy. No wet patches though, thankfully, just the horrid, horrid smell.

Had to go and get the air freshener :D

sarahp said:
oh dear i know exactly what you mean. how horrid! i had one of my two boys out on the sofa and my boyfrind had Colin, my newly rescued boar. Both adults. They ignored each other completely at first and then met up. There was a lot of bottom shuffling, purring, and then this AWFUL smell. It came from Leroy. No wet patches though, thankfully, just the horrid, horrid smell.

Had to go and get the air freshener :D

;D ;D ;D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back