• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

do you need to keep your guinea pigs cool during a heatwave?

Yonny

New Born Pup
Reaction score
do you need to keep your guinea pigs cool on a heatwave or can they like keep themselves cool because we sometime put a frozen water bottles in there to keep them cool is this a good way or do we not need to keep them cool because our guinea pigs stay inside and it is really hot this weekend so if you know anything can you please let me know thx!🥵🥵🥵:ple:

do you need to keep your guinea pigs cool on a heatwave or can they like keep themselves cool because we sometime put a frozen water bottles in there to keep them cool is this a good way or do we not need to keep them cool because our guinea pigs stay inside and it is really hot this weekend so if you know anything can you please let me know thx!🥵🥵🥵:ple:
There is a huge section on keeping pigs cool on here... I don't know how to post the link but do a search - or some one who knows how to post links will be along soon.

IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KEEP THEM COOL TO AVOID HEAT STROKE.

I completely agree with the others. It is absolutely essential you do everything you can to keep them cool - even if they live inside. Please do read the links above on how to do so

Absolutely important to keep them cool. As well as refreshing water/hay more often, adding wrapped frozen water bottles/ice packs is great.
I also put tiles in, here’s Keith enjoying one now…
2FEE1BEF-D3D6-4555-B214-2B1E8D4033CE.jpeg

Back