• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Do your old piggies sleep a lot?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeorgesHuman

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My 5 year old pig, George sleeps an awful lot! Most of the time I see him he is sleeping. He has always been quite a sedate pig, but more so these days.

An example is the other day I had put the base of the pigs' homes to soak in the bath and I had to go and put some washing on, so I put the lid of the cage over Elliot and Oscar, the naughty baby pigs and left George to his own devices as the room is safe, no wires or anywhere he can squeeze behind. I thought it would be lovely for him to have all that free range space in a place he felt comfortable. I left food out for him, put his water bottle where he could reach it and put his pigloo down for him with a pair of my fleecy pyjama bottoms in for him to lie on. I went up every half an hour or so to check on him and every time I went in he was fast asleep in his pigloo! He was so snoozy I decided not to disturb him, so kept checking on him every half an hour and he slept for 3 hours until I had to wake him up to put him back in his home. He also sleeps at night time from about midnight through to 5am. He must get up for a wee and a drink or nibble, but he goes straight back to bed til it's light! :)) Is anyone elses pig this lazy?!?!

Yessssss! I have a very lazy piggy, and one hyper piggy :)) Tigger would sleep 24hrs a day if Thumper didn't wake him up I suspect! Whilst Thumper runs around the cage like a nutter, Tigger just sits and watches bemused. They really are polar opposites xox

Sweetie having a little nap! It's so tiring being an older piggy!

IMGP0880.jpg

Woog's my oldest and she looooves to sleep! She's almost always sleeping! And when she's not asleep, she's jumping around and bothering Bella! :))

Aww, sleeping old piggies. Zzzzzzzzzz. I love seeing George asleep because sometimes his back legs are stretched out behind him and they make me drool with his cuteness!

Sleeping is Monty's fave past time! He does come out when he hears me get home form work or to eat or tell me that he needs food but otherwise he spends all day asleep in his cozy:)

Does lead to a lot of cozy washing, but that is fine, he now has 4 of his own.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back