• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Does anyone have to wear a mouth guard at night?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
I've been to the dentist this morning & mentioned my jaw has been locking a lot recently. He asked me what I do when it locks, so I showed him I click it back.

Next thing I know I'm having splints done for a mouth guard and getting referred to the hospital lol

So does anyone have a mouth guard? Do you notice it at all/feel it?

I'm afraid you do, it really hurts my gums, I have a clear bottom mouth one, because I get tention in my jaw and apprantly I grind in my sleep because of it. My jaw doesn't lock but gets very, very tight. I rarely use it and my mouth tends to push it out as I'm sleeping so I never have it in in the morning and have to search the bed lol.

I have to wear two retainers because my teeth were very crooked and my jaws were the wrong way round, and I grind my teeth badly, and I do feel those, but it's worth it really. :)

Sounds like it will be fun lol
It's going to be for my bottom teeth. I've had the problem for years so I probably should have mentioned it to him before. It will be worth it if it stops the earache & headaches I get :))

I might buy some bonjela when I get it lol

Both my mum and my Auntie have had mouth guards for jaw trouble!
Don't know about during the night but it has made a big difference to their jaws during the day. My mum just uses hers now if she feels her jaw playing up.

I've been referred to a consultant for the same trouble, just waiting for my appointment!

I have to wear one, it was very sore to begin with and felt huge in my mouth. It takes a few weeks to "break in" and after that I found mine really comfortable. In fact, I can't sleep without it in!

Haha make him sleep in the spare room :))

LOL, I wish I could send mine outside to sleep in the car, because his snoring is awful, I very rarely get much sleep as I have both my hubby and yorkshire terrier (who sleeps at the bottom of the bed) snoring in rhythm with each other, LOL. I'm evil. rolleyes

Anyway, hi Bailey. I don't wear a mouth guard or anything similar, but my lower jaw does click often and it's usually on the right side. It's not so much painful, but more of a discomfort and as you described to the Dentist, I do the same to, I just click it back into place.

Colleagues at work have heard it click sometimes and have wondered what it was lol.

Good luck with the guard anyway. xx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back