• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

does my piggy think he is a dog? bitting

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

the4ks

:smitten:I have got a male guniea pig from the pet store and then adopted a friend from rescue. Peanut has recently been acting like a dog. He stands up and begs for food. doesn't squeal much and now when I walk around with him he will bite at my shirt like a dog with a toy.He has nothing to be frightend about no noise or other females.He just bites the cloth and pulls on it .I don't know if he is playing or being aggressive with me? I just have the two boys. They seem to get along great. I followed your advice with introducing them. I play with them every day. Can you help? Should I be worried. :-\

Hiya,

It's normal. Sunshine my aby will beg for food and my other boar Cuzzy will nip at my clothes when I am reaching for his food bowl or if he is sitting on my knee, it's natural for them to be like that. :)

Louise

Nibbles nips at clothing when he wants to be put down.
Anne.

lol Gilbert does it i have a t-shirt with little piggy holes in it where he gets carried away and his teeth go through!

Amy.x.

Thank you for youre replies. I feel much better now. It mainly happens when I walk around with him I guess I should sit more with him. My husband says I need a piggy t-shirt. I am learning more every day about these little guys.

maisy plays tug of war with my necklace, shes actually undone it a few times from pulling on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back