• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Dog

Herbs&Spice

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everybody,
I Just thought i would let you know what happen to us on the early hours of the new year day . One of our dog was sick three times in the morning of new years eve after eating something from the garden. We decided to keep an eye on him and not fed him in the evening to give his tummy chance to recover. We went to our fancy dress new years party and he was fine. When we go home he was so poorly,can't move at all ,head to one side ,eyes were not right other . Luckily my daughter doesn't drink so she drove me to the vets. After blood tests and on a drip and kept in. He was at critical level in potassium and the vet said he may not make it though the night. Well he is still with us thank god ,but yesterday more tests and scan. It may be because he was sick but they are testing for other reasons too as they also found protein in his pee. The vet said we did everything by the book . So we don't know if it will happen again or why yet. He is back to his happy self so finger crossed. But we are having to fed him Banana each day that's interesting. He loves the banana biscuit i made and banana milk shake made from goats milk as that is better for them to digest.

Maybe he ate a poisonous plant? Or drank old water from a flower pot ? My friends dog got sick from drinking dirty old rain water. Do you use slug pellets?

Anyway I'm glad hes ok

Hi there,
The vet ruled out poison ,but thank you.

Our dog just ate the handle to his toy the other day which was super long. So we had to use hydrogen peroxide to make him throw it up. This saved hime from possibly getting a blockage, needing surgery, or worse. This was our first time making him throw up, and hopefully the last but its defintely worth knowing how if your think or know your pet has eaten something dangerous. This might help anyone who has a similar situation in the future: How to Get a Dog to Vomit

So happy they are well. Couple of parks up here some low life is leaving poisoned sausausages.
Why would anyone do that? That’s just terrible beyond words!

We are having first cases of Alabama Rot down here, several owners have lost their pets

We are having first cases of Alabama Rot down here, several owners have lost their pets
My bosses dog had this and survived but is now death and partially blinde i think. Dont know if that was all caused by this

Hi everyone,
Just thought you might like a up date on my dog Brecon. He is going back to the vets for more depth blood tests on Tuesday,they suspect Addisons disease. If this is the case it will be the second dog with the disease. We already have a dog with Addisons , Crohn's , pamcreatitis,and fits. He is on medication from USA. I cook his food as he can't have cereal,meat, fish.Poor chap is allergic to so many things.He was diagnose at 18 months old and is 10 now.

Why would anyone do that? That’s just terrible beyond words!
I know but we haven't clue who's doing it, but it's in all 3 parks we've had 2 die & one very ill although he survived, someone is dismembering cats & leaving outside vets doors.
Why do that, they say that these lowlife start on animals, then go on to child cruelty. With a bit of lock their sterile.

I know but we haven't clue who's doing it, but it's in all 3 parks we've had 2 die & one very ill although he survived, someone is dismembering cats & leaving outside vets doors.
Why do that, they say that these lowlife start on animals, then go on to child cruelty. With a bit of lock their sterile.
Or they should be sterilised! God what’s wrong with folk!

Thank you ,i am keeping my finger crossed he doesn't have Addisons but its not looking good,

Hi,
I have just read about the cats, that so so cruel , there are some very sick people out there. I just don't understand people like this.

Hi,
Its such a worry when you pets are so poorly hope we get to the bottom of it soon, so he can have the right treatment. .

Back