• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Dominance

xxangelxx2440

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, i have two 3 year old girls and 1 one year old male, one female and the male keep trying to todominate each other and I was wondering how I can tell which is dominant, does anyone know? The male always rumble struts but the female keeps pissing him off.

Thank you.

Angel.

Hi, i have two 3 year old girls and 1 one year old male, one female and the male keep trying to todominate each other and I was wondering how I can tell which is dominant, does anyone know? The male always rumble struts but the female keeps pissing him off.

Thank you.

Angel.

Hi

Your sow is the more dominant. Target peeing is the way sows tell a boar that she is not in season and not interested in any hanky-panky. A married boar often has a rather yellow nose if he is not one to get the message quickly!

Rumblestrutting is normal daily boar behaviour. In my experience, you get either a 'rumblesinger' or you get a 'mountaineer'. It is their way od trying to impress the sows so they will mate with them when they are in season. It is the sows that call the shots in that respect and not the boars.

Rumblestrutting is very mild dominance behaviour although you see it in sows only during bonding, in hierarchy disputes and when in season.

You have to be kidding me, ivy is the reason I got acer because she was such a bully to tansy 😅

You have to be kidding me, ivy is the reason I got acer because she was such a bully to tansy 😅

With all due respect, unless you give me some useful background to work with, I have to interpret what little information you deem sufficient.
It is still the sows that call the shots when it comes to mating and in the situational context you have provided, that is the only interpretation I can safely make.

Which of them is higher ranked in the hierarchy is impossible for me to say unless I see them interact and can spot key indicators or you give me the appropriate information. Crystal balls are not provided for this job, I am sorry to say. ;)

Back