• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Don't you hate this time of year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jenni75

I hate it when it gets darker - I wake up, it's dark, I leave work and.........yep, it's dark! So tired all the time because of it. And it's horrible for my animals too. Iggy (cat) is constantly attached to me at the moment as he doesn't want to go out, but he wants to complain about it! Ziggy (lizard) is not himself, I'm putting this down to the shorter days as well and the hutch creatures, well, I see them in the dark now as well so it's a case of feeling who's who! Freddy has thick hair, Flo long silky hair and Meg is a fluff ball (dwarf lionhead). I think the only ones that are happy are my worms and tropical fish!

Is it just me? ?

The good thing tho is that its only 61 days till Xmas and I LOVE Xmas! ;D

I like it when it's dark in the morning coz then the piggies don't squeak for me to get up :) I want it to be Xmas too :) I want it to snow. Only thing I don't like about this time of year is the fireworks. They've been going off every night here but it will get worse soon prob :(

My guys don't squeak in the morning anyway (well trained ;D) - I've usually given them their veg for the day and gone to work before they even shake a leg!

Love fireworks so looking forward to those as well. Luckily my furry kids don't mind them either.

Roll on Xmas!

I HATE dark mornings I can't get up! Unfortunately my Bubu knows exactly when my alarm clock goes off and squeaks about 10 seconds before the clock so if I dont get to the clock before it goes off I have him and the clock going! And he doesn't know about Sats and Suns!. I hate leaving them in the dark to in the morning one minute we've got lights then I have to turn them off to leave, I think they get a bit confused!

I love the changing seasons.

Casseroles and stews
A good red wine
Scented candles
Comfy cardigans
Going home on a cold day to a big warm hug from the central heating
Misty mornings
Hot Chocolate with cream

My only complaint is that its come around so blimmim quickly!

I'm the same - its crap in the mornings when its dark and you leave work and its dark - but I always know that at the the end of it all christmas is there and I LOVE LOVE LOVE Christmas!! :) :) :)

Ho Ho Ho! ;)

Trace x

I don't like it either.. The worst thing is waking up when it's dark, I can't get up if it's dark outside! It just feels like it's still the middle of the night. I hate the fireworks too, we get them from now (well, they started about 2 weeks ago :-\) until the new year. They're just so pointless and scare loads of domestic and wild animals.

I love Autumn, it's my fave time of the year. Mind I wouldn't know about dark mornings anymore as now I don't work - I'm not an early riser. Hubby just gets up and sees himself out ;)

Barbara

Ok, I agree with Billies Mum re the casseroles and candles - in fact, truthfully I love all the things about cold weather as in wrapping up warm etc, it's just the getting up in the dark etc - it completely knocks your body clock out. ::)

And Xmas doesn't feel like Xmas without it being cold - hopefully snowing - I used to live in South Africa so having a turkey on the bbq wasn't quite the same!

Having a hot choc with cream today (damn the diet!)

I love love love Autumn. I actually don't like Summer at all, too hot, clothes to expose your body etc. I love this season

Jumpers
Hats
Wooly Scarves
Real Fires
Hot Chocolate
Getting into pj's at 6 o'clock and no one can see you
Crunchy leaves
Misty mornings but cold sun later, lovely :)

I'm like Barbara though and don't have to get up at 6 am to go to work, I usually struggle up at 7.30 to get my son ready for school, if I had to go out to work in the dark I don't think I'd like it so much.

Enjoy!

If you are dieting, have an Options with Half Fat squirty cream
Just as indulgent but less than half the calories

wish I could as quite like the options vanilla choc - however, at work and they only believe in the full fat everything!

Ok, I think if I didn't have to get up at 6 every morning for work I probably wouldn't hate it so much.......only another 32 years to go until I officially (according to the government) retire........ :o

I love the changing trees this time of year - though its nicer when its sunny and you can go for a walk under the red/gold trees and pick up conkers! Oh, and I love roasted chestnuts.

Feeling a bit better about this time of year now :)

I LOVE this time of year. It's my fave. I love the dark mornings and evenings - the street lamps are on for longer and all the lighted windows are so cosy LOVE IT!

I love it too. I've been so miserable all summer and now i'm really happy. I love the darkness and the cold and I love being able to eat proper food instead of crunchy water!

Debbie, you and I ought to go to the Arctic! I have always wanted to do that. Not sure how the piggies would cope though!

;D ;D That's a good idea Lucinda. We could knit the piggies little coats and make snow boots. ;D

I'm usually on holiday this week. We go narrow boating sometimes and its cold and wet and its great. On our honeymoon which is round this time we were in the Scottish highlands. It was freezing and I loved every minute.

I don't hate the cold weather as I can wear my big cuddly jumpers, but I do not like the dark nights as I find it creepy walking around on your own when you finish college or likewise (but now I have finished college).

Ok, some of you are definitely a bit odd ;)

I like the fact that I can eat hot food at this time of year, but dieting in time for wedding next year so have to stay away from the stodgy stuff which is generally my favourite food when I'm cold. I love my jumpers. Its just the dark mornings (yep, I'm repeating myself!) - I don't like walking around in the dark or getting up in the dark!

However, it will soon be time for mulled wine and I love that!

I'm supposed to be dieting as well but I'm not doing so well

Ive just had crumpets for breakfast with loads of butter :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back