• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Dot has bloat

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2019/20
Reaction score
Hope she gets over the bloat and all her other issues, no harm in giving a few mls of top-up syringe feed twice a day if she's looking thin and will take it, that's what we did with Puggle and what we're doing with Tallulah right now, even if they seem to be eating you can never be sure with the hay... poor Dot, get well soon!

SkyPipDotBernie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hope she gets over the bloat and all her other issues, no harm in giving a few mls of top-up syringe feed twice a day if she's looking thin and will take it, that's what we did with Puggle and what we're doing with Tallulah right now, even if they seem to be eating you can never be sure with the hay... poor Dot, get well soon!
I'm thinking about giving a top up later tonight. I sit listening to music whilst syringing. Shes really good and loves cc.

She was having a good go at her hay this morning, but by the looks of things, she sat in her tunnel all night, since Bernie has been neutered, his poos match the shape of hers now, so its hard to tell whos are whos.

SkyPipDotBernie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Dot update!....

Basicly i am very very happy with how she is doing now. She looks like a different pig. She has lost all that pear shape look shes had for almost a year! And as soon as she took her bloat meds, she literally deflated, which scared me because she looked very skinny. But now the bloat has gone, shes alot.more active and has gone from 920g up to 960g now👍