Dreaming of guinea pigs

Spaghetti & Noodles

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Well, I would love to know what my dreams mean, I don't often remember them but today I do!
I dreamt I was near the school where I work, but it was not quite the same, there was a bridge and a few mounds underneath it, there were lots of people waving a coach off, no idea who the people were, but as I looked over the side of the bridge a guinea pig popped it's head out of a hole in one of the mounds, so I then set about catching it as I was worried where it had come from, had someone just abandoned it because they didn't want it any more? turns out there wasn't one or two it was a whole herd 😳😳 as fast as I was catching them more seemed to appear, I kept being told to leave them by someone but I couldn't and they really didn't belong there. I also seemed to have magically acquired a load of c&c cages to put them in as well as big cat carriers to move them about. Adults and babies, all gorgeous but I was so worried what was going to happen to them and which area they should be put in because of risk of pregnancy if I mixed them up 🤨 although that would appear to have been the last of my worries due to the number I seemed to be catching?! I was just organising a camera to put down one of the holes in the mound to see if I could see what was going on when the alarm went off! So I'll never know where they came from....... Or what happened to them?!

David Piggie Lover

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Wow. Deep dream.
I'm no expert but your dream comes across as you were caring about the welfare of the little poop machines.
Wow. Lol. :zzz::zzz::luv::zzz::zzz:

Eddie & Elvis

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've also had dreams about piggies and all of them seem to involve them escaping and me running around trying to catch them too 🤣🤣

Julesie

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
That's a really sweet dream. I've had a few that involves saving random piggies too :wub:

Sweet Potato

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've had a few weird piggie dreams I think I've mentioned this one in a thread a while ago but I had a dream that spud kept getting bigger and bigger and was literally the size of a small horse and we had to keep him in the spare room where he ran round bumping into things making a mess.

more recently I had a dream that I came downstairs to find that Gundham had a head tilt but when I took him to the vet the vet told me his head was right but his body was twisted and we just had to hold him on an angle and then his head would be the right way up! my brain does some weird things sometimes

Eddie & Elvis

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I had a dream that involved me, 2 of my friends, Eddie, Elvis and another random guinea pig that was apparently mine as well. We were sat on some grass by a hedge next to a quiet road and the piggies were just sat in front of us! Then they decided to explore underneath and hedge and we were frantically trying to catch them before we lost them or they ran out into the road!

Tenderheart

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Well, I would love to know what my dreams mean, I don't often remember them but today I do!
I dreamt I was near the school where I work, but it was not quite the same, there was a bridge and a few mounds underneath it, there were lots of people waving a coach off, no idea who the people were, but as I looked over the side of the bridge a guinea pig popped it's head out of a hole in one of the mounds, so I then set about catching it as I was worried where it had come from, had someone just abandoned it because they didn't want it any more? turns out there wasn't one or two it was a whole herd 😳😳 as fast as I was catching them more seemed to appear, I kept being told to leave them by someone but I couldn't and they really didn't belong there. I also seemed to have magically acquired a load of c&c cages to put them in as well as big cat carriers to move them about. Adults and babies, all gorgeous but I was so worried what was going to happen to them and which area they should be put in because of risk of pregnancy if I mixed them up 🤨 although that would appear to have been the last of my worries due to the number I seemed to be catching?! I was just organising a camera to put down one of the holes in the mound to see if I could see what was going on when the alarm went off! So I'll never know where they came from....... Or what happened to them?!
I haven'nt had a dream so far. But love yours. I liked the the saying of one that responded. Your taking good care of the pooping machines Just. LOVE Them.

piglette

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Southern Moreton Bay Islands, QLD, Australia
A few times a year, usually completely out of the blue, I have a dreadful dream where I forget to take care of the pigs (e.g. forget to feed/give water, leave in the sun, let get too hot/cold, etc.), with dreadful consequences. Sometimes it's my actual pigs, and sometimes fictional pigs but I know they're mine. It would never let it happen - my pigs are my entire life - but I guess it's a subliminal fear 🤷‍♀️ Some of the other dreams discussed in this thread seem to be based on fears too.