• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Drinking water

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Is it normal for piggies to not drink much water? I change the water daily but it looks like it has hardly been touched. As it's been years since I last kept piggies I can't remember! :{

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
Peter seems to drink a bit from his bottle but the girls barely touch theirs. Thinking it might be a rubbish bottle so might try them with another one but if they are getting a lot of watery veg they should be ok

Lady Kelly

Staff member
Reaction score
the bottle my girls use is the one that came with the ferplast cage and I don't think much of it although Peters is a cheap one from wilkinsons it does seem to be better and he does use it more. I remember someone on here recommended glass water bottles but I've not tried enough different bottles to pass comment on whats best hehe

Reaction score
The one i'm using came with the cage and it feels really cheap and flimsy. I'll pop down to the shop tomorrow and see what they have, might buy 2 anyway in case they don't like sharing :(|)

Reaction score
I bought a glass one which has a carrot in it so you can see the level of water clearly, but like yours Zapp doesn't drink much at all. Have now stopped making a whole bottle and just put in half each day with vit c powder.

Reaction score
Hey melly b you and I are now junior guinea pigs no longer new born pups!

Status
Not open for further replies.