Drivin lessons

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

gothchick1515

There was a charity that paid for my mums even the test until she passed because my sister had so many appointments! so hers where free! and they didnt have to learn half what i will and there was no theory!

wish it was that cheap to then maybe id have a 2 hr a week instead of 1 x

Reaction score
Hubby says that a 2 hour lesson is better as there's no rush, an hour goes by so fast! But it all depends on what you afford! :) :)\

G

gothchick1515

I no i would have two hours but i get only £20 a week and a hour is £16 so i can only afford a hour :( might try and pay for one hour myself and ask my mum for the other x

G

gothchick1515

yeh i have a one hour one on monday! because thats all my mum can afford i have been looking for a job but got nowhere so far!! until i get a job i have to rely on my mum util june when i get £100 bonus and can get about 3 weeks worth yay! x

Reaction score
that's a pain! Good thing about the bonus though.! Aren't you able to claim any other kind of support or get help finding a job through the job centre?

G

gothchick1515

Someone told me i have to be 18 before i can go to job centre so i left it, the EMA is my benifit for studing because we have 0 lol i only get £20 a week nad then 100 in Jan,June,Sept,Jan and Jun so 500 in total over the two years heeh x

G

gothchick1515

Lol i wish i was 18 my friends at colege are so they all go out and i cant :( Its my friends 18th tomoro nad she invited me clubbin which i dont like the sound of but it would be nice to opt out becuase i dont want to not because i have to!

Reaction score
Oh dear.. do you look 18? LOL I don't like Clubbing that much.. rather go to a pub and have a meal!

G

gothchick1515

Yeah my mums friends think I'm her friend rather than daugter which considering shes 45 is a little mean! lol nah clubbin isnt me hehe x

C

claire

yeah i prefer pubs to clubs too, most of the bars and pubs round here stay open until 1 anyway on a friday and saturday

Love
Claire
x

Reaction score
kellyandpiggies said:
Hubby says that a 2 hour lesson is better as there's no rush, an hour goes by so fast! But it all depends on what you afford! :) :)\

a 2 hour lesson lets you get into town if you live out side of it and to learn all the test routes that you would get on your test, so its more advisable to do 2 hours at a time, but some people find this too long to concentrate and get head aches ( I did)

Reaction score
Lucinda said:
reading through these posts I can't believe how expensive it is nowadays!

When I got my test (1995) it was betwen £10 and £12 an hour!
/quote]

hubby charges £18.50 an hour but is a bit cheaper for friends, mine in 97 was also about £14 an hour but the rise is due to petrol costs, and tests have just gone up as well from 1st april

G

gothchick1515

YAY! My mum told may nan about my lessons and shes given me £20 to add to next weeks lesson (the week I'm back at college) so i can have a two hr slot YAY! i got my one hour tomoro but its only one because i hope ill have some interviews by next week i gave out near on 15 CVS and filled in another 20 ish Application forms just hope theres a angel out there looking out for me to get me a job lol. Can anyone tell me what i may have to do on my second lesson? i like to be prpared xx

cashmincal

Senior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just asked my Dad, and he says it really depends on how you got on on your first lesson and is a continuation of this.

Reaction score

thats great! Hope you do really well Verity!.

20 applications? Fingers crossed for you!

2nd lesson? Mike says it was more-or -less like the first, going through things again and going for a bit of a drive

xx

Reaction score
still learning the basics and building on that and most important your confidence is what will be your instructors lessons for a while, then its manouveres ugh! have fun and enjoy it,

Status
Not open for further replies.