Dyslexia

Status
Not open for further replies.

StromasDragon

Reaction score
I have known I was dyslexic since a few weeks before my standard grade exams. After spending most of my educational life thinking I just was not too clever I ask to be tested at high school. I knew my brother was dyslexic so I fought I may be. Obviously the test should that I am. So technically I should have had help early on. But it was a bit of a relief to find that there was nothing wrong with my intelligence. The things that suffer most are my spelling grammar hand writhing and my observation skills. Clearly this knocks my confidences and I get very frustrated very quickly. Constantly using small words instead of the ones I call say.
Anyway enough of my ranting on what I really want to know is anyone else here dyslexic?

M

Michele

I'm personally not dyslexic but my husband's father, his 2 brothers and 2 sisters have it. Also myhusband's mother is trained and deals with dyslexic kids so I do have quite a bit of knowledge on this subject. my husband's father is quite severe aswell as his brother but his father is a very very successful man in th euk and and his brother passed all his A levels with flying colours too. people with dyslexia are more creative and you will find alot of famous people have this too. Like richard branson. you are not on your own. have you been on the dyslexia society? i know there is a good one in oxford.

C

cutecavy

I am dyslexic. But you know, my mum always tells me how the cleverest people are dyslexic. Dyslexia is also not about how clever you are, it means you learn things differently and slowly from others.

Livie

x

W

Wheekster

I work in a primary school supporting children with special needs. We have a few who are dyslexic and they are the more intelligent in the class. Just because you are dyslexic doesn't mean that you are dumb! At the moment we are working through a programme called Toe by Toe to help them learn to read and write. It is an excellent programme and they are all making great progress already in a short space of time. I am very impressed with it!

kellyandpiggies

Reaction score
Wiggy said:
I am dyslexic. But you know, my mum always tells me how the cleverest people are dyslexic. Dyslexia is also not about how clever you are, it means you learn things differently and slowly from others.

Livie

x
My husband is dyslexic too, I also have a few friends that are too.. I agree wholeheartedly with Livie.. There are many things people with dyslexia are brilliant at, the main one being writing poems with a great feeling..

Kelly and piggies xx

Status
Not open for further replies.